Thread: Stupid Medical Question for Someone Who Knows More Than I do

Stupid Medical Question for Someone Who Knows More Than I do

Our president is getting beat to death in the media over the comments he made about light and disinfectant during his briefing yesterday. Obviously you can't inject alcohol or bleach into someones blood stream. But the idea of a "cleaning" where the virus is replicating I thought was actually kind of interesting. Anything you do to kill the virus like this couldn't have the same type of effect on human cells but is there a possibility that you could use something like a fiber optic light in someones lungs to kill the virus or slow it's replication? Or would the UV necessary just burn all of your lung tissue too. Is there a anti-viral or "disinfectant" that you could introduce to the surface of lung tissue or even a vapor/mist that you breath in that could kill the virus without killing your lung tissue?

What about an anti-septic nasal/sinus rinse? I think the virus replicates in your sinuses for a few days before it migrates to your lungs. This could even be prophylactic after exposure. Yes bleach would probably kill all of the tissue in your sinuses but is there someone else that would be safe that could be used in like a netti pot that would either kill the virus or at least stop it from replicating while your immune system kicks in?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Can't really comment on any other part of your question, but I think that a fiber optic tube (the only way I know of for delivering a light into the lungs), would not work as the lungs are really built more like a sponge than a balloon. It would be impossible to snake it all the way through the vast network of airways in the lungs to cover all of the lung surface area.

UV light works best outside the body by killing the viruses on exposed surfaces. I just heard that the sun's UV light kills the exposed virus in 90 seconds compared to 30 minutes in man-made UV light in an enclosed area.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I wouldn't have asked a question like that on TV but I don't think in principle it is a stupid question.

I am sure the answer is, anything you can think of has been tried and there is nothing you could do to "disinfect" a human that wouldn't kill your cells as well.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Trump was referring to Healight:

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

Excerpt:

“Our team has shown that administering a specific spectrum of UV-A light can eradicate viruses in infected human cells (including coronavirus) and bacteria in the area while preserving healthy cells,” stated Dr. Pimentel of Cedars-Sinai. Ali Rezaie, MD, one of the inventors of this technology states, “Our lab at Cedars-Sinai has extensively studied the effects of this unique technology on bacteria and viruses. Based on our findings we believe this therapeutic approach has the potential to significantly impact the high morbidity and mortality of coronavirus-infected patients and patients infected with other respiratory pathogens. We are looking forward to partnering with Aytu BioScience to move this technology forward for the benefit of patients all over the world.”
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

He's on the right track for to wanting to find a cure/prophylactic, his methodology is unworkable however.

What would be ideal for critical sars2 patients would be a means to oxygenate the blood while simultaneously removing toxins built up by organ failure and trap/remove virii from the bloodstream in a mechanism similar to a dialysis machine. The dialysis machine does not oxygenate blood but it may be made to trap virii if filters were created to do so. The virus doesn't just destroy lung tissue, it also causes the blood to not pick up o2 as readily as normal. I suppose one of the best means to this end is with plasma from someone who has recovered from the same virus, as well as the various drugs that have been shown to to curb the infection like remdesivir and so on.

Some time ago I read about a case where a young lady had lung infection that was ruining her lungs and she was expected to expire. Since they had no hope for current technology, they threw caution to the wind and used an oxygenated liquid to fill her lungs with. She had to be sedated to allow for this as the reflex to not allow liquids into the lungs is very strong. They pumped fresh liquid in and removed the old, at the same time this action removed the dead tissue that was clogging her lungs, and she made a full recovery. This clogging of the lungs with dead cells in sars2 cases is a major problem, reducing lung capacity as well as fostering opportunistic infection as the pile of material and fluid builds up in the bottom recesses of the lungs.
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 04-24-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Here's a YT on the uv light...

WWG1WGA

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Our president is getting beat to death in the media over the comments he made about light and disinfectant during his briefing yesterday. Obviously you can't inject alcohol or bleach into someones blood stream. But the idea of a "cleaning" where the virus is replicating I thought was actually kind of interesting. Anything you do to kill the virus like this couldn't have the same type of effect on human cells but is there a possibility that you could use something like a fiber optic light in someones lungs to kill the virus or slow it's replication? Or would the UV necessary just burn all of your lung tissue too. Is there a anti-viral or "disinfectant" that you could introduce to the surface of lung tissue or even a vapor/mist that you breath in that could kill the virus without killing your lung tissue?

What about an anti-septic nasal/sinus rinse? I think the virus replicates in your sinuses for a few days before it migrates to your lungs. This could even be prophylactic after exposure. Yes bleach would probably kill all of the tissue in your sinuses but is there someone else that would be safe that could be used in like a netti pot that would either kill the virus or at least stop it from replicating while your immune system kicks in?
    How about a medication that's shown to work (but is forbidden to talk about): hydroxychloroquine and zithromax?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Here's a YT on the uv light...
    I built a little box out of a gray plastic tote (about 2 feet wide, 1.5 feet tell and 1.5 feet deep) which has two standard 15 watt flourescent fixtures wired to a 0-15 minute timer from a toaster oven.

The bulbs in the fixtures were replaced with quartz tube 15 watt germicidal lamps. It floods the inside of the tote with short wave radiation and ozone. We put face masks, bags from the store, etc.. into it and cook 'em for 10 minutes.

BTW, if any of you are thinking of building a UV sterilizer, DO NOT use "UV LED" lamps because these are NOT germicidal. A true shortwave UV LED array would cost big bucks, not the $9.00 that they sell for on Amazon.

You need a UV lamp that has a QUARTZ envelope and works like a flourescent lamp. The purple party "black lights" are not shortwave and will not work.

The lamp when on must look a pale blue and generate ozone when it's on (and make your skin smell burned if you hold your hand near it). Otherwise, it's worthless.

This kind:

Ready made:

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    How about a medication that's shown to work (but is forbidden to talk about): hydroxychloroquine and zithromax?
    Are you crazy? IF we have the cure, then how can we keep this media-made "crisis" going? How can we instill an irrational fear in people if they realize this isn't any worse (mortality wise) than the regular flu? How can we destroy Trump's roaring economy? How will we be able to shred parts of the Constitution and eliminate peoples' freedoms?

Those drugs are NOT what we need! We need more fear, more surveillance, more fines, more compliance, more lies, more governors who will toe the Commucrat line. We need more WHO directives to tell us what to do.

We need to guarantee that this "crisis" lasts, at least, until the November elections.

That's what we need; not reliable cures.
    Last edited by alismith; 04-25-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Are you crazy? IF we have the cure, then how can we keep this media-made "crisis" going? How can we instill an irrational fear in people if they realize this isn't any worse (mortality wise) than the regular flu? How can we destroy Trump's roaring economy? How will we be able to shred parts of the Constitution and eliminate peoples' freedoms?

Those drugs are NOT what we need! We need more fear, more surveillance, more fines, more compliance, more lies, more governors who will toe the Commucrat line. We need more WHO directives to tell us what to do.

We need to guarantee that this "crisis" lasts, at least, until the November elections.

Sir I believe you just put my thoughts into words.

I see yt took down the video on the HEALight.

Deep state is really try to control the narrative. You can smell their fear.

WWG1WGA

I would change that to, "You can feel their smugness." (They think no one else sees their duplicity.)

Freedom isn't free.

That is a very well defined post. I would comment that President Trump did move too fast on the Lock Down. He should have met with the Governors for a planned exit strategy..

Napots - Ali is spot on about the complexity of getting any object further in than the main branches of the lungs.
    Also, the wavelength of UV that could actually break down the virus would do the same to the lung tissues. Not a good idea.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Yep. Can't show that Trump isn't talking out his ass. He's informed. For my next trick I'll make libs lose their minds on possible therapies(in the meantime real companies are working on exactly what the media and liberals are going apeshit contorting.) Gotta love it. Thanks for that link by the way. i was just arguing with my cousin a big libtard on possible new therapies and he was going on and on and on about how and why UV light isn't used inside the body, PERFECT. I can't wait for him to explain this company and press release. He'll come up with something though rather than face the reality that companies and doctors come up with all kinds of innovations.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Napots - Ali is spot on about the complexity of getting any object further in than the main branches of the lungs.
    Also, the wavelength of UV that could actually break down the virus would do the same to the lung tissues. Not a good idea.
    You didn't read the press release then.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    “Our team has shown that administering a specific spectrum of UV-A light can eradicate viruses in infected human cells (including coronavirus) and bacteria in the area while preserving healthy cells,” stated Dr. Pimentel of Cedars-Sinai. Ali Rezaie, MD, one of the inventors of this technology states, “Our lab at Cedars-Sinai has extensively studied the effects of this unique technology on bacteria and viruses. Based on our findings we believe this therapeutic approach has the potential to significantly impact the high morbidity and mortality of coronavirus-infected patients and patients infected with other respiratory pathogens. We are looking forward to partnering with Aytu BioScience to move this technology forward for the benefit of patients all over the world.”

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post

Oops . Forgot about "the agenda". My bad.