Thread: The 3 Survival Kits That Might Save Your Life

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post The 3 Survival Kits That Might Save Your Life

After today, it's all historical.

On the second "car" kit, exposing food or medicine to those temperatures is NOT a good idea. It would be a better idea for those to be kept in a small container next to (or near) your car keys to be grabbed on your way out the door - JIC. No perishable items should be kept in a car as the temperature spread can destroy edibles in a matter of hours.
    As for the "pocket" kit, the whistle is on my keychain, as is a small flashlight, one knife is on my belt and another in my pocket. A lighter and two different types of flashlights are in the glovebox. The only things I don't pack are the fishline, paracord, compass, foil, and duct tape as I am not usually far enough from home for those to be of any practical need. If I am, I pack more than even the "car kit" suggests.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

guy certainly likes his paracord, whistles and compasses.

i find the compass highly overrated. not to say unimportant, i will agree it is very imporant for map navigation, but to generally find you way you should be able to tell general direction without a compass. having one just to have one is useless weight. having one in conjunction with other navigation tools can be life saving.