Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada's gun laws work - NOT !!

Canada's gun laws work - NOT !!

Has anybody seen this on any U.S. major media news outlets? I haven't. This is from the BBC.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52346447
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Has anybody seen this on any U.S. major media news outlets? I haven't. This is from the BBC.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52346447
    Mass shootings are relatively rare in Canada where gun ownership laws are stricter than in the neighbouring United States.
    Is the writer demented? Does he think GUN LAWS stop anyone with violent intent?
    Last edited by Krupski; 04-20-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

[QUOTE=Krupski;492539]
    Mass shootings are relatively rare in Canada where gun ownership laws are stricter than in the neighbouring United States.[/QUOTE]

Is the writer demented? Does he think GUN LAWS stop anyone with violent intent?
    i can't think of any law, that can stop someone intent on comitting a crime.

Canada has a FRACTION of the population of the USA. Thus fewer mass shootings.

Canada has HUGE amounts of Forests, wilderness and RURAL AREAS where there are FEW people spread out over a wide area. Thus fewer Mass Shootings.

Canadians are notorious POLITE. thus fewer Mass shootings.

A stupid law wouldn't change anything. And Canada allows tons of weapons into the country (like the most current NORINCO bullpups, etc.) that the USA won't.

My favorite is the "Converted Auto" We have to take those historic machineguns and chop them up then rebuild them. THEY can, or could, just make the gun semi auto. I have seen and held in my hand (around 2007) an original milled AK from the late 50s that merely had a pin placed in the "third hole" to block it from being used. What blew my mind is that since there are only so many that can own the gun, the price was $500. -- YES FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS CANADIAN!! Basically $20 American, lol.

BISHOP

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Saddened when I read about the shootings because I was going to post that we haven't had one here for quite a while. So maybe the Covid-19 lock down is a good thing...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Of course, Trudeau's reaction to this isn't surprising at all. Just like what our Commucrats always call for every time something like this happens here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...id=mailsignout
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Right in my neck of the woods. The gas station he killed himself at is where I get my hotdogs with inappropriately applied cheese from the nacho machine.
    Last edited by rci2950; 04-21-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Right in my neck of the woods. The gas station he killed himself at is where I get my hotdogs with inappropriately applied cheese from the nacho machine.
    Wow. You do that, too, huh?

p.s.- So sorry this crap had to happen in your neck of the woods (or anywhere else, for that matter).

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Canadian police are being very secretive about what sort of firearm(s) he used. One, apparently, was from the RCMP lady that he killed. Any word on that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

Canadians are notorious POLITE.
    Due to better beer.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    And Canada allows tons of weapons into the country (like the most current NORINCO bullpups, etc.) that the USA won't.
    Canada doesn't have those stupid barrel length rules for shotguns and rifles either.

And in Toronto, the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) drive even faster than the speeders. On the QEW, if you're driving under 90 mph (145 kph), you're just in the way.

Know what it feels like for traffic to go from 90 mph to zero in Friday rush hour traffic? The smell of hundreds of red hot brake discs?

Nothing is more important than getting to the cottage, cracking open some Molson's and going "oot and aboot in the boot". Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    So maybe the Covid-19 lock down is a good thing...
    Then you will be happy to hear that our fine governor, Jabba the Hutt, and the St. Louis (MO) County executive, Dr. Sam Paige, have both extended the "stay at home" orders into May.
    One of the people protesting the lockdown in St. Louis county 2 days ago was interviewed and reminded the reporter that a "quarantine" is when they restrict the movement of sick people. But when you restrict the movement of healthy people, it is TYRANNY.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I sincerely hope that every single state, whose governor extends the stay home order, goes into bankruptcy and the Fed does not bail them out. Maybe severe economic and tax shortfalls will show these idiots what happens when you play with tyranny....you lose money all the way around. What is the good of leading a bankrupt state, and everyone knows it's your fault? Hope the voters remember this when the next election rolls around.

Freedom isn't free.

Ali - the problem is that so many of these politicians are deliberately trying to do this to get rid of President Trump. They appear to be willing to go to any length to achieve this end.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Ali - the problem is that so many of these politicians are deliberately trying to do this to get rid of President Trump. They appear to be willing to go to any length to achieve this end.
    That's why I said I hope the voters remember this when it's time to vote. The politicians are willing to sacrifice them in another lame attempt to get rid of Trump.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Hey just wanted to add that the locals are saying he got his guns from the female cop he overpowered and killed.
    She lived in my neighborhood somewhere. Her husband teaches at my sons school and their two kids go there. It's a real sad situation. The whole area is going to dress in red and stand in our front lawns today at 6pm local. Yesterday I hauled a good one right out of my allergy filled sinuses and spit it right on the exact spot where buddy died.
    Last edited by rci2950; 04-24-2020 at 08:52 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Hey just wanted to add that the locals are saying he got his guns from the female cop he overpowered and killed.
    So the RCMP can't just say that? Why do they hem and haw and try to maintain the collapsing narrative that 'gun control' would have stopped this.....

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Still no information on what type of guns he used. Why all this secrecy?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police...nsed-1.4908168

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast