Thread: What people do first when lockdown is lifted?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

What people do first when lockdown is lifted?

Return to work?
    Get a haircut?
    Go back to the gym?

No!https://nypost.com/2020/05/03/crowds...ckdown-lifted/

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Nothing like priorities.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Can't wait for the videos of the muggings in the parking lot

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

probably nothing special. I was a hermit to begin with. This doesn't really mean anything to me.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Already working six days a week and I come and go as I please , fuck Gov. fat body and his little dictator orders.

Probably not changing much of my current routine until I see how much of a blow up in numbers there will be once it is lifted.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Phil125 View Post
    Probably not changing much of my current routine until I see how much of a blow up in numbers there will be once it is lifted.
    The number of infections and deaths will be astronomical. The Commucrat-controlled faux media will see to that.

The faux media and Commucrats DO NOT want the quarantine lifted and will do all they can to re-impose it IF it's lifted. It has already started....just listen to the "news."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Return to work?
    Get a haircut?
    Go back to the gym?

No!https://nypost.com/2020/05/03/crowds...ckdown-lifted/
    They probably used their stimulus check to buy them

I was going to crack wise but apparantly somebody actually did it four years ago

December 6, 2016
    https://www.thatsmags.com/beijing/po...om-air-jordans
    When Wang Zhijun received his pair of limited edition Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2s in the mail from Chile, he didn’t try them on. Nor did he keep the RMB5,000, Kanye-designed sneakers safe in their box. Instead, the 34-year-old Beijinger sliced the shoes apart and sewed the pieces into a pollution mask.
    FootwearNews.com described the act as “the sort of thing that would make many sneaker enthusiasts cringe” (the article was titled ‘Chinese Designer Destroys Yeezy Boosts to Make a Face Mask’). But 124 eBay bids later and the new creation was worth RMB34,700 – almost seven times the price paid for the original shoes.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Return to work?
    Get a haircut?
    Go back to the gym?
    Nope. Retired.
    YES !!
    Also nope. "Mobility problems".
    Not that I have paid much attention to "Jabba's" edicts yet. I'm just limited by the cowardly back-pedaling of others.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I'm in desperate need of a haircut about now. Starting to look like an fing hippy.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I'm in desperate need of a haircut about now. Starting to look like an fing hippy.
    I took matters into my own hands. It came out ok, I have had worse from supercuts. I even had my wife shave the back of my neck with a real sharp line so it looks like I got an actual haircut, just to be a dick when people see it in public.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I'm gonna end up tying it into a pony tail soon, haven't done that in 40 years

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i would like to go to church. other than that, i've been going as usual. i'm retired, so i'm at home most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    i would like to go to church. other than that, i've been going as usual. i'm retired, so i'm at home most of the time.
    One of my sons is a preacher. He got permission from the mayor to hold services outside in the town parking lot. He uses an FM transmitter that can be heard on RM radio (range about 2 miles), plus all his services are on Facebook, too.

If the people can't go to church, he'll bring the church to the people. (Obviously, it's a smallish church so the parking lot is sufficient.)

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    One of my sons is a preacher. He got permission from the mayor to hold services outside in the town parking lot. He uses an FM transmitter that can be heard on RM radio (range about 2 miles), plus all his services are on Facebook, too.
    If the people can't go to church, he'll bring the church to the people. (Obviously, it's a smallish church so the parking lot is sufficient.)
    Good for him ! That's what is called "thinking outside the box".

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I took matters into my own hands. It came out ok, I have had worse from supercuts. I even had my wife shave the back of my neck with a real sharp line so it looks like I got an actual haircut, just to be a dick when people see it in public.
    Back in the days of crew cuts and "butch wax", we got our hair cut by our mother. My neck was getting "tickled" because mine was so long so I had her give me a little trim the other day as I can't do the back of my head. I got the sideburns and over the ears to give her a "line" to go from ear to ear across the back. As I didn't let her take too much, this will last until the weather gets a little warmer.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Good for him ! That's what is called "thinking outside the box".

Back in the days of crew cuts and "butch wax", we got our hair cut by our mother. My neck was getting "tickled" because mine was so long so I had her give me a little trim the other day as I can't do the back of my head. I got the sideburns and over the ears to give her a "line" to go from ear to ear across the back. As I didn't let her take too much, this will last until the weather gets a little warmer.
    I had to go slow but it came out pretty good, 6 in front 4 on top 1.5 on the sides, faded nice and high up. it makes me wonder what I am paying 20 bucks for.