Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So you can turn them in if you want to.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

So you can turn them in if you want to.

"The Liberal government is walking back an election promise to buy back “all" military-style assault rifles in Canada, opting instead to allow current owners to sell their weapons to the government or to keep them under a grandfathering process, federal officials say."

- Globe and Mail

I think today might turn out to be a nice day afterall.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Does that mean no new ones?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

What idiot would turn in their guns to the government for a fraction of the value of the gun?

There's no way they would ever pay the true worth of the firearm...and, even if they did, who would turn them in anyway?

(Beside little old ladies who are widowers.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

After today, it's all historical.

The terrible thing about actions like this is that it essentially STOPS purchase, use, collection of such weapons from FUTURE GENERATIONS. That's the goal. Our grandchildren will have NO IDEA that we were ever free to own guns (except in history books).......

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    The terrible thing about actions like this is that it essentially STOPS purchase, use, collection of such weapons from FUTURE GENERATIONS. That's the goal. Our grandchildren will have NO IDEA that we were ever free to own guns (except in history books).......
    Actually, this will increase the need to set up black markets for firearms. If they're all illegal, then the black market will make it easier to purchase any firearm you want....no more red tape or waiting periods. Money talks and nobody walks.

And, the government is getting exactly the opposite of what they want. They won't know where any firearms are or who has them.

Plus, this makes it more dangerous for the police as when they stop a car, and the person has a gun hidden, it becomes a situation where the person will think long and hard about being arrested for having a gun. In the US, you get more time in jail just for having an illegal gun than actually committing a crime with that same gun.

Look at the ME where it's illegal for citizens to own any firearms, yet, I have an idea that most families can lay their hands on fully automatic AK's any time they feel they need to.

Gun laws do nothing but open up the opportunity for law-abiding citizens to become instant criminals. Under normal circumstances, law-abiding citizens tend to stay law-abiding.

When people are pushed by a dictatorial government, normal things change....

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    "The Liberal government is walking back an election promise to buy back “all" military-style assault rifles in Canada, opting instead to allow current owners to sell their weapons to the government or to keep them under a grandfathering process, federal officials say."

- Globe and Mail

I think today might turn out to be a nice day afterall.
    Whatever you do, DO NOT comply with any demand to "register" your rifles.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Especially in a country that has no 2nd Amendment rights.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Especially in a country that has no 2nd Amendment rights.
    It seems as though our politicians and judges believe we don't either. Or for that matter 1A and 4A seem to be a joke to them too.

It seems as though our politicians and judges believe we don't either. Or for that matter 1A and 4A seem to be a joke to them too.
    Amen to that !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

This information is very beneficial to me. It's good to know they will take my guns if I am bored with them or decide that they are a safety hazard.

Just read the list of 1500 banned "assault weapons" and have a few questions.

How many mass murders have been committed with rocket launchers?

How many shootings have occurred using mortars?

Do gun stores sell the ammo for these weapons over the counter or is there a waiting period for them?

And, why didn't they ban police weapons weapons, too, since those are the ones he, allegedly, used?

Sounds like this is nothing more than a liberal's wet dream about to come true.....

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...0-Part-II.html
    Last edited by alismith; 05-02-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Freedom isn't free.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The guy killed 13 of 22 with firearms, ban firearms.

The guy killed 9 of 22 by burning them to death, ban fire... arms...

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

You can buy sweet launchers and the like online. You just can't get the ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    What idiot would turn in their guns to the government for a fraction of the value of the gun?

There's no way they would ever pay the true worth of the firearm...and, even if they did, who would turn them in anyway?

(Beside little old ladies who are widowers.)
    That's how I got my pristine 1913 Erfurt Arsenal Luger P-08. This old lady's husband was a WW-II veteran and he brought it back. He never used it, and his wife never liked "having a gun in the house". So when he died, his widow brought the Luger to the gunstore of a good friend of mine. She just wanted him to take it. But the guy said "I have to give you something for it", so he gave her $200 for it.

Then he sold it to me, he told me the story that he paid $200 for it, added $1000 and he and I both knew $1200 was a steal. I bought it right then and there.

All numbers match, it's in pristine condition (even the golden color on the trigger, takedown latch and safety - which usually wears off or fades). It has the slightest wear on the muzzle from being put into the holster... that's all. And, I have the holster and 2 mags, one of the mags serial matches.

Nice pistol.

That's how I got my pristine 1913 Erfurt Arsenal Luger P-08. This old lady's husband was a WW-II veteran and he brought it back. He never used it, and his wife never liked "having a gun in the house". So when he died, his widow brought the Luger to the gunstore of a good friend of mine. She just wanted him to take it. But the guy said "I have to give you something for it", so he gave her $200 for it.

Then he sold it to me, he told me the story that he paid $200 for it, added $1000 and he and I both knew $1200 was a steal. I bought it right then and there.

All numbers match, it's in pristine condition (even the golden color on the trigger, takedown latch and safety - which usually wears off or fades). It has the slightest wear on the muzzle from being put into the holster... that's all. And, I have the holster and 2 mags, one of the mags serial matches.

Nice pistol.
    Wow! Great find and purchase.

Reminds me of a local old lady whose husband died and she found a German rifle in his clothes closet. However, this story doesn't end as nicely as yours does.

She took it to the Sheriff's office and he told her he would have to destroy it per federal law. She turned in a pristine MG 42. The sheriff almost cried when he told her he'd have to destroy it as there was no way he could get it grandfathered.

Sad.

Freedom isn't free.

Being something of a boat-rocking malcontent when I was younger, there were numerous times I thought about taking one of those books of gun values down to a "buyback". I would have put up a small sign offering to appraise their guns before they took them to the buyback. If there guns were worth more than the buyback, I would have suggested they take them to a gun store on consignment.
    It saddens me that I was never able to do this.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Rci, I'm positive many here would support your leaving canaduh for 'merica because of political oppression.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Rci, I'm positive many here would support your leaving canaduh for 'merica because of political oppression.
    Depends on which state he would settle in. Some states are even more restrictive than Canada is.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

update to this idiotic situation. 12 and 10 gauge shotguns with removable chokes are banned now because the muzzle with the choke removed is 20mm or greater. They also banned ARFCOM

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast