Thread: Uploading pic's

Uploading pic's

what the protocol on uploading pictures ..thx

Quote Originally Posted by czechburn View Post
    what the protocol on uploading pictures ..thx
    Click the icon for "Insert Image". Third one from the left. Post image addy in the box that comes up and click ok.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

6th from left if you are in advanced mode.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

a free uncensored site i found. no signup needed either
    http://www.turboimagehost.com/

swampdragon

swampdragon
    I just cut and paste from photobucket.

Are you talking about directly from your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    I just cut and paste from photobucket.

Are you talking about directly from your computer?
    yes ..but i guess i can use photobucket thx
    Obama SUCKS!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Will be getting a photo gallery like before?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Will be getting a photo gallery like before?

thats a question for Guns Network Staff.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Trying to figure that out to. I need to post a pic of my shotgun w/custome sling and pic of my new .22 air rifle. Does anyone have a saved pic of my shotty to post? Much appriciated if you would.

you'all can either use photobucket, imageshack.us or some other free site. if from local computer, create an album and upload from there. File size requirements are listed in the upload dialog box.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I'm using image hosting and I am getting 16 kinds of frustrated. Sometimes it comes over just fine, other times it tells me invalid image, other times it comes over but then a little later I get a message saying no hot links, I don't even know what a hot link is. All I know is the old picture posting program you had worked for me but this one with all the dark screen and twirly whizz bang doohinkles stop me most of the time but not all of the time. I crop, I make the smallest pictures I can and if it doesn't tell me it's an invalid image then 9 times out of 10 it tells me I have exceeded my quota and the numbers say I am trying to post something smaller than what your limit is supposed to be. What the heck is going on?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Don't feel bad. I was the one who wrote the book on uploading photos on our old site. Have one heck of a time on this new site. Seems like there is no automatic photo resizing here, so uploading to our web host is a trial and error. Usually it is error.

And I can't be sure that the few photos that I have uploaded and posted can be seen by anyone other than me.

Personally I will not upload any firearm photos to a web host not associated with firearms, which is why I prefer to upload them here.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Well can't help feeling a little bad, I spent an hour in 90 degree heat today trying to set up a simple match I could actually get people to participate in, link the targets and that works, post the rules and that works, post my targets and an hour later they are gone and it takes another hour of fooling around to get them back up again. Makes me look like a dope which I sadly admit I probably am. I just don't get how come when I go to post sometimes I get one menu or method and the next time the old simple always works menu is up and then its gone again for another bunch of failed posts. I'm just a simple country boy and this geek stuff is way over my good looking but pointy head.
    Last edited by old Grump; 09-05-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Trying to upload photos, but all I get is the message:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 198