Thread: Alofs Reloading Magazine

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Alofs Reloading Magazine

A 1920's conversion system for single shots

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Amazing device, but like the guy says, awkward looking. However, it does work. Not sure if it's supposed to be faster than loading a break action single shot shotgun or not. It could be, but the guy doesn't work it quickly. He slowed it down so we could see how it cycled.

Years ago, when I rabbit hunted with my dad and his friends, there was a close family friend who only used a single shot shotgun. That's all he'd ever used his whole life. He didn't own any other shotgun. I watched him as he hunted and he always carried two shells between the fingers on his support hand. Whenever he needed to fire quick shots, his hands were a blur of action. There was very little difference between when he shot, and someone else with a pump action, shot...he was that quick. I was pretty damned impressed. I guess I'd have been that quick if that's all I had hunted with for 60+ years was a single shot shotgun.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars