Thread: History of Wolf Ammo

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

An interesting article about a company/companies with a convoluted history.

I've probably fired upwards of 20,000 or more rounds of 7.62x39 Wolf steel case over the last 20 years or so. I can't recall a single dud in all of that. Not the most accurate stuff out there by any means, but considering the reliability and low cost it was hard to beat.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    An interesting article about a company/companies with a convoluted history.

I've probably fired upwards of 20,000 or more rounds of 7.62x39 Wolf steel case over the last 20 years or so. I can't recall a single dud in all of that. Not the most accurate stuff out there by any means, but considering the reliability and low cost it was hard to beat.
    I was wondering, was there any 'inherent inaccuracy' that you yourself observed with wolf ammo? The reason why I ask, is that I usually use ammo like Wolf for 'fun blasting' with an AK platform. I was always curious as to guys saying "this ammo is not accurate' unless they're doing precision benchrest shooting with a spotting scope. I have a buddy who is a tack driver with his Yugo SKS and he only fires high quality 7.62x39. But since I just shoot tin cans for fun, I've never been able to notice an 'accuracy ' difference with the cheaper ammo.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I noticed a difference in shot grouping using Wolf vs Golden Tiger or Brown Bear, shooting at 50 and 100 yard targets, with and without scopes. There always seemed to be more "flyers" with Wolf. It's even more noticeable when running high quality brass case ammo through my AK rifles vs Wolf. Not trying to disparage their stuff by any means though...the main reason I got into the Kalashnikov platform in the first place was due to the abundance of 1,000 rd cases of Wolf selling for $80-90 back in the day.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.