Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If any of you Minnesotans are participating in the riots.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Cuomo says he stands with Minneapolis protesters, links higher rates of coronavirus to racial inequality
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-min...ial-inequality

"Why are black people dying from #COVID at higher rates than white people? Why are health outcomes worse in communities of color? Why did George Floyd die? Why does this happen again and again? It's all related," he waxed over Twitter.
    I'd love to see them descend on NYC and riot like crazy. Then, we'll see if he still feels so cozy with them....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Never knew that a virus could also be racist!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

The looting is wrong but it's become a tradition.

This time though.....I can really understand the frustration and anger. Three cops on the guy, one with his knee buried in the guys neck for nearly 10 minutes even after he went limp, all the while pleading he can't breath. And another cop standing there watching.

Let the fucking guy come up for air!

This was just wrong.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    The looting is wrong but it's become a tradition.

This time though.....I can really understand the frustration and anger. Three cops on the guy, one with his knee buried in the guys neck for nearly 10 minutes even after he went limp, all the while pleading he can't breath. And another cop standing there watching.

Let the fucking guy come up for air!

This was just wrong.
    The problem is that some police never learn. Remember the cigarette seller in New York City that was also choked to death. Riots happened after that, but unfortunately in these cases one bad apple is spoiling the whole bunch, which is sad because the majority of police are very very good people.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    The problem is that some police never learn. Remember the cigarette seller in New York City that was also choked to death. Riots happened after that, but unfortunately in these cases one bad apple is spoiling the whole bunch, which is sad because the majority of police are very very good people.
    In my mind the whole blue line brotherhood bullshit contributes to this kind of thing. There needs to be an expectation that you hold your peers accountable given the level of trust placed in your profession by the public.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    It is really hard to understand how in this day and age some cops have not got the memo that brutal thuggish behavior is no longer in their tool kit.

With everyone having a camera in their pocket they cannot hide their actions from the world anymore.

The good cops need to stand up and do something, but unfortunately there seems to be an us-vs-them mentality deeply ingrained in the blue culture.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    What does a bad cop,poor judgement have to do with looting and burning 170 peoples businesses that had nothing to do with it?
    Agreed... looting has nothing to do with it, but a purely peaceful protest would be ignored and the criminal cops would walk.

It TAKES a violent riot to bring attention to the matter, sadly.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Agreed... looting has nothing to do with it, but a purely peaceful protest would be ignored and the criminal cops would walk.

It TAKES a violent riot to bring attention to the matter, sadly.
    I disagree totally. The political pressure was too great. That cop would NOT have walked. Every COP I know personally condemned his actions based on the video.

Violent riots are bullshit because they destroy the property and lives of INNOCENT bystanders.

And now NYPD is being ripped for using too much force against rioters. I really feel sorry for NYPD since their mayor has openly spoken against them. TV news, haven't had time to google it.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

The Nashville cops dispersed them quite nicely with tear gas at precisely 10:01 last night. They got them right out of downtown. Sadly, they had already damaged quite a few windows and started a fire in the courthouse.

Ethnic minorities may be dying from this pandemic because
    1 - they have "co-morbidities" that already weaken their resistance;
    2 - they are more likely to be living in areas of high density populations where it is difficult to "socially distance" themselves;
    3 - their education and knowledge of things like safe food handling, sanitation, etc., may be lacking;
    4 - they may just not WANT to follow all these orders and restrictions put on them by by "Big Brother".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

There were also rumors circulating for a while that it didn't affect black people

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123