Thread: VA Gov. Northam To Remove Robert E. Lee Statue

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

VA Gov. Northam To Remove Robert E. Lee Statue

As a response to the recent killing of George Floyd, Governor Northam, in his sympathy for those protesting the murder of George Floyd, will remove the statue of Robert E. Lee from its place in Richmond to a storage facility.

Northam wants to erase VA's role in the Civil War and is doing all he can to revise its history to placate those he bows down to.

What an ass wipe he is.

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Vi...570994151.html
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    What an ass wipe he is.
    Aren't liberals and democrats basically that anyway?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I've heard murmurs of people beginning to deny that slavery ever happened on this continent. The removal of statues perceived as glorifying such an institution seems to suggest that to some people.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

He's just making room for the new statues they will put up after they win the next civil war

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I've heard murmurs of people beginning to deny that slavery ever happened on this continent. The removal of statues perceived as glorifying such an institution seems to suggest that to some people.
    If enough people believe this then there goes any argument for reparations. If slavery didn't happen, then reparations become a moot point....

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    If enough people believe this then there goes any argument for reparations. If slavery didn't happen, then reparations become a moot point....

Was just about to write this!

As a response to the recent killing of George Floyd, Governor Northam, in his sympathy for those protesting the murder of George Floyd, will remove the statue of Robert E. Lee from its place in Richmond to a storage facility.

Northam wants to erase VA's role in the Civil War and is doing all he can to revise its history to placate those he bows down to.

What an ass wipe he is.

WTF??? The war of northern aggression and it's various symbols are HISTORY. Why erase history? It won't change anything.

Also, the war of northern aggression was NOT about "slavery" anyway. Don't they teach history anymore?

Lastly, everyone whines and cries about "racism", but it's the blacks themselves that perpetuate it. Why do they have to refer to themselves as "African American"? White people don't constantly go around calling themselves "European Americans" or "Caucasion Americans". The blacks are the ones who constantly apply a label to themselves.

And, blacks who talk with that fake ghetto accent (which they call "AAVE") ("African American Vernacular English") just destroy any credibility they could have had. Poor grammar, mangled sentence structure and mixed tense is NOT a valid form of English, despite the attempts to legitimize it.

Notice that well educated blacks speak "normally" (and are respected for doing so). If you close your eyes, you can't tell the speaker's race. But the inner city thugs be talkin' dat "AAVE" crap, and then they wonder why nobody takes them seriously.

If blacks want to end (or at least minimize) racism, they need to stop labelling themselves, stop asking for "reparations" that they are not owed (THEY were never slaves) and stop with that uneducated, ghetto sounding "accent", stop the petty crime like sucker punching people and just be what they are... Americans. Not hyphenated, but just plain Americans, like everyone else.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Reparations ARE a moot point. If there were any people alive today who were slaves, THEY would be owed reparations.

If, hypothetically, Germany decided to pay Allied veterans reparations for Hitler and WW-II, then any veteran of WW-II (like my dad - if he were alive), would be owed. But I, as his son, am owed NOTHING. Nor would I ask for or expect any reparations. Why blacks, who are not and never were slaves, think THEY are owed anything, is beyond me. I think it's just a chance for free money, like welfare.

The civil war cost a lot in lives and money, perhaps reimbursement is in order. Adjusted for inflation of course.

The approximately 10,455 military engagements, some devastating to human life and some nearly bloodless, plus naval clashes, accidents, suicides, sicknesses, murders, and executions resulted in total casualties of 1,094,453 during the Civil War. The Federals lost 110,100 killed in action and mortally wounded, and another 224,580 to disease. The Confederates lost approximately 94,000 as a result of battle and another 164,000 to disease. Even if one survived a wound, any projectile that hit bone in either an arm or a leg almost invariably necessitated amputation. The best estimate of Federal army personnel wounded is 275,175; naval personnel wounded, 2,226. Surviving Confederate records indicate 194,026 wounded.
    In dollars and cents, the U.S. government estimated Jan. 1863 that the war was costing $2.5 million daily. A final official estimate in 1879 totaled $6,190,000,000. The Confederacy spent perhaps $2,099,808,707. By 1906 another $3.3 billion already had been spent by the U.S. government on Northerners' pensions and other veterans' benefits for former Federal soldiers. Southern states and private philanthropy provided benefits to the Confederate veterans. The amount spent on benefits eventually well exceeded the war's original cost.
    https://civilwarhome.com/warcosts.html
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The civil war cost a lot in lives and money, perhaps reimbursement is in order. Adjusted for inflation of course.
    Couldn't agree more. EVERY Civil War veteran and EVERY ex-slave should be reimbursed, adjusted for inflation, of course.

Freedom isn't free.

Couldn't agree more. EVERY Civil War veteran and EVERY ex-slave should be reimbursed, adjusted for inflation, of course.
    If you know of a living veteran of the war of northern aggression or a living person who once was a slave, yes of course they are entitled to reparations. I doubt that any are still alive today.

I'm waiting for either Northam, Black Lies Matter, or Antifa to demand that General Lee's homestead be demolished.....

Freedom isn't free.

Well, I meant the descendants of the freed slaves should reimburse the lives and fortune spent upon them, adjusted for inflation, of course.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Well, I meant the descendants of the freed slaves should reimburse the lives and fortune spent upon them, adjusted for inflation, of course.
    I like that. They should pay us for spilling the blood necessary to free them from slavery. We did all the work and they reaped all the benefits.... It IS time for them to PAY US reparations.....

The Commucrats can't claim any reparations as they are the ones who formed the KKK to keep them in their places after we freed them. Maybe the Commucrats are the ones who owe them reparations, too.

Freedom isn't free.

What an ass wipe he is.

Tell me he's going to do it in Al Jolson face , lol what cuck this guy is.

I like that. They should pay us for spilling the blood necessary to free them from slavery. We did all the work and they reaped all the benefits.... It IS time for them to PAY US reparations.....

The Commucrats can't claim any reparations as they are the ones who formed the KKK to keep them in their places after we freed them. Maybe the Commucrats are the ones who owe them reparations, too.
    OMFG. The war of northern aggression was NOT about slavery. And it doesn't matter anyway.

The idiots tore down General Grant's statue (as well as Francis Scott Key's statue) LINK.

Next thing you know, the rioters will demand that our National Anthem be changed.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Waiting for the state named for the Duke of York and Albany to be changed. I believe he was a huge slave trader.

I'm still waiting for them to destroy Rob't E. Lee's house and property.....

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I'm waiting for the calls to remove Lady Liberty.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Waiting for the state named for the Duke of York and Albany to be changed. I believe he was a huge slave trader.
    They're too history stupid to know.

maybe someone should tell them