Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: More Lunacy Of The Left

  1. #21
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,761
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Mentally immature and often arrogant. What I have noticed is that a lot of them are "educated beyond their intelligence". They like to live in a world that operates the way they think it should and not the way that it is. Trying to improve our lives and society is a great aim. The problem with them is they get stuck on an idea and don't think it through (this is where the arrogance comes in). That is the root of the "you never run out of other peoples' money" problem with liberal ideology. Raise taxes on the rich to pay for everything, universal basic income, universal health care, open immigration. The sheep don't think it through. Those at the higher level are just pandering to special interests which they never seem to run out of.

    The evil of it is by removing responsibility and consequences for ones actions and providing everything for them you are taking away their free will which to me is a form of slavery. You become the hand that feeds.
    I feel they are more along the lines of people who refuse correction, truth, reality, they simply can't/won't admit they are wrong, and not only that, they've been educated into that mindset. Being told what to think rather than how to think is their mantra.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  2. #22
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,761
    Remarkable Hubris – Chicago Mayor Asks Looted Businesses Not to Abandon The City…
    CHICAGO (WBBM NEWSRADIO) — Mayor Lightfoot said she’s hopeful major retailers will reopen the Chicago stores that were looted or otherwise damaged during protests surrounding George Floyd’s killing by police in Minnesota. But, she’s unsure of one of the biggest.
    Mayor Lightfoot said she was on a conference call with Walmart and other major retailers that had stores looted or heavily damaged during the unrest in Chicago. She said she pleaded with them to not abandon Chicago.
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ndon-the-city/
    i hope they never reopen
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  3. #23
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    12,456
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Remarkable Hubris – Chicago Mayor Asks Looted Businesses Not to Abandon The City…
    CHICAGO (WBBM NEWSRADIO) — Mayor Lightfoot said she’s hopeful major retailers will reopen the Chicago stores that were looted or otherwise damaged during protests surrounding George Floyd’s killing by police in Minnesota. But, she’s unsure of one of the biggest.
    Mayor Lightfoot said she was on a conference call with Walmart and other major retailers that had stores looted or heavily damaged during the unrest in Chicago. She said she pleaded with them to not abandon Chicago.
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ndon-the-city/
    i hope they never reopen
    I hope they're smart enough to move out of Chicago. Those empty, damaged buildings will tell all the story that needs to be told.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

    I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

  4. #24
    Administrator imanaknut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Posts
    10,937
    Not only do I hope they never re-open but they don't have a going out of business sale and move any remaining stock out of state.

    I also hope the store owners never repair the buildings and leave then as a monument to government inability to govern.

  5. #25
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,581
    There was a radio talk show that I heard today that was interesting. They were pointing out how businesses are looking back into a teenager's social media posts before hiring them as an adult, like so many are doing now, including sports. The feelings on this show was that looking back 15-20 years to posts made by that teen and censoring them for their childish posts ("wrong think") was letting those infantile sycophants gain control of society. With this idiotic pressure on people, many are "self-censoring" to the point of abdicating their First Amendment rights. The discussion pointed out that this just emboldens those immature-minded bullies to expand their scope of "examination" (intimidation).
    Further comments were on how it USED to be that the crazy things that teens did would "mellow with age" is no longer valid and the "infants" are running away with the country.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  6. #26
    Senior Member NAPOTS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    3,335
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    There was a radio talk show that I heard today that was interesting. They were pointing out how businesses are looking back into a teenager's social media posts before hiring them as an adult, like so many are doing now, including sports. The feelings on this show was that looking back 15-20 years to posts made by that teen and censoring them for their childish posts ("wrong think") was letting those infantile sycophants gain control of society. With this idiotic pressure on people, many are "self-censoring" to the point of abdicating their First Amendment rights. The discussion pointed out that this just emboldens those immature-minded bullies to expand their scope of "examination" (intimidation).
    Further comments were on how it USED to be that the crazy things that teens did would "mellow with age" is no longer valid and the "infants" are running away with the country.
    I have said plenty of things as a youth that would reflect very poorly on me as an adult and are not representative of who I am today. Holding something I posted at 15 over my head for the rest of my life cannot be right.

    That said, even the things I post on here (like saying that liberals having fucking brain damage) could probably get me fired if I posted them openly. So much for our first amendment.

  7. #27
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    4,098
    I think i was in my early 20s when i first looked back at my teen years and wondered how i survived being so damn stupid, AKA growing up, i think some folks never do that

  8. #28
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eastern Pa.
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Of course, there will always be a few "bad apples". It's human nature. What has to change is the "blue line" thing. Currently, if a truly straight arrow cop says something about another cop who abuses his power, deals drugs, etc.. he is blackballed by all the officers. He might even have an "unfortunate accident". Every accusation of police brutality must be investigated (and by a third party, not Internal Affairs). If guilty, the cop, as well as any other cop on the scene that failed to prevent the crime, must be punished in exactly the same way anyone else would be.

    As long as cops cover for other cops and in any event get away with brutality, assault and murder, the problem won't go away. People will get fed up and start getting payback. Nowadays anyone who calls the cops to report something is an idiot. The caller is likely to be assaulted or killed by the cops.

    I take care of myself. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away, and are likely to be more of a danger than the "bad guy". That's why I carry Mr. M1911 and never call the cops. I prefer to stay alive and uninjured.
    This has been going on for a very long time. Honest cops are set up to be killed in the line of duty by their so called brothers. If you don't believe me just go back to 1972. NYPD officer Frank Serpico. Watch the movie or read the book. Things haven't changed since.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

  9. #29
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    15,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashorn View Post
    This has been going on for a very long time. Honest cops are set up to be killed in the line of duty by their so called brothers. If you don't believe me just go back to 1972. NYPD officer Frank Serpico. Watch the movie or read the book. Things haven't changed since.
    I know. A local police department in these parts (won't name them) is WELL KNOWN for corruption and their specialty is ripping off dope dealers then selling the shit themselves (or planting some on a poor sap with a burned out tail light). I could tell you what happened to the poor rookie who thought it was wrong, but then the department's identity would be known. If that got back to me I wouldn't be posting here anymore. Everyone knows it, but NOTHING is done and they go about their business day after day. And, the ripped off dealers... what are they gonna do? Call the cops?

  10. #30
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    15,182
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I think i was in my early 20s when i first looked back at my teen years and wondered how i survived being so damn stupid, AKA growing up, i think some folks never do that
    In my early 20's I did so many stupid, dangerous or illegal things that it's a miracle I'm not in prison or dead (or both).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •