Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else think a civil war is inevitable?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Anybody else think a civil war is inevitable?

I've lived through a lot of nonsense and even was part of the crazy anarchist type thinking(no rioting and destroying things crowd though, more libertarian than hate the country) In my middle 20's I learned the school of hard knocks and grew up finally thanks to my wife. I see the hatching of people indoctrinated by the left, even two of my daughters from a relatively conservative school in urban/rural Mn and frankly I think they're going to learn a harder lesson in their lifetimes, maybe mine even. I see a civil war happening in our life times now. It's all good until it's your neighborhood, I think they are going to learn the hard way. Anybody else see an impending civil war? This really is going to be a wake up call for normal people in the city.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

We are definitely in the middle of a cultural revolution (see china 1966-1976). With each "crisis" the leftists push harder and harder for violence to achieve their goals

This really is going to be a wake up call for normal people in the city.

I think you're right on this point, lets just hope it's not too late and the anarchists can be identified and nullified before people have to use all those guns they've been buying since january.

I never have trusted our govt. and like every young egocentric libertarian i thought my generation could change the old corrupt ways.... and then reality slaps you in the face and you start to see the flaws in your "logic".

We have 3 adult children with families and i worry a lot about the effects on our family. My wife's greatest fear is our children taking different sides and splitting up ideologically. They are all in their late 30s now, we're a close family , but we don't talk politics anymore so i'm not sure where they all stand.

I think there will be conflict, but I'm not sure about an all out civil war. My son and I opened a business a year ago. The city fathers, in their great wisdom, are closing a road today to allow for a march. The termination point of the march is a half block from our business. I am heading down there to protect our investment. I hope it ends peacefully, but I would rather be prepared and not need it than need it and not be prepared.

We might see it start here;

Revolutionary Communist Group Announces Mass Protest Across from White House at 4 PM Saturday — As Secretary Esper Neuters National Guard on Patrol
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-guard-patrol/

Without Consulting Trump White House — Defense Secretary Esper Orders National Guard NOT to Carry Guns or Ammunition in Washington DC
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...washington-dc/

Secretary Says He Does Not Support Invoking Insurrection Act
    https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News...urrection-act/

expect him to be replaced with a real secdef soon
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I couldn't believe the National Guard was called out to protect the White House but they could not be armed.

With the cops that killed Floyd already in jail, what more do these protesters want other than something they might not expect from an otherwise civil society?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

If a hot war starts, it'll be because of the unbridled, raw, visceral, demented, propagandized, insane hatred of the Left.

They live to hate and since they think they have the green light to go ahead, they will only get worse.

Their hatred knows no boundaries.

Those with common sense will stop tolerating this as it continues to escalate.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I'm going to sound like a total ass, but.....

Nothing happens in Maine. I live in the roughly in the center of the state. "I'm just sitting back popping popcorn and watching as the larger liberal cities burn to the ground". The cities burn but the highways stay open for commerce to be delivered.

Until the fight comes to my state, I'm not going to worry. I don't care if NY or Mass burns to the ground.

BISHOP

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

my big fear of a civil war is, amid the chaos we get invaded. then

FBI Pledge Allegiance to Black Lives Matter, Antifa, Nation of Islam and New Black Panthers Protesters…
    Setting aside the optic that some members of the FBI looking more like ‘meal-team-6’, there was always a suspicion the FBI were more concerned about political correctness than actually doing the work of a federal investigative agency. Historically the FBI has failed miserably to stop domestic terror threats; and when the investigative failures are researched there’s usually a prior connection between the attackers and the FBI.
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...rs-protesters/
    everyone knows what side fbi is on, including President Trump

Soros-Backed St. Louis Circuit Attorney Releases All Rioters and Looters from Jail Without Charges Following Monday’s Mass Rioting
    St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner released ALL of the rioters and looters captured this week in the criminal Black Lives Matter – Antifa protests in St. Louis.
    This was after 4 police officers were shot and one retired police captain was killed in the street on Facebook live.
    Missouri state Attorney General Eric Schmitt was shocked by the move.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-mass-rioting/
    arrest christians for going to church, let murderers and thieves go free

Former Antifa Member Admits Group's Acts Are "Very Definition Of Domestic Terrorism"
    Nadales, who is an employee of Campus Reform's parent organization, the Leadership Institute, joined Stuart Varney on Fox Business Network on Monday to discuss the recent riots that arose out of protests to the killing of George Floyd, an unarmed black man killed while in Minneapolis police custody.
    Nadales was among the first to call for Antifa to be labeled a terror organization in 2019. Trump said at the time he was considering labeling the group a terror organization. Now, it appears the president has made up his mind.
    "The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization," Trump tweeted Sunday.
    Nadales reacted to the news Monday, telling Varney, "Antifa's acts are the very definition of domestic terrorism."
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...stic-terrorism
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post

Soros-Backed St. Louis Circuit Attorney Releases All Rioters and Looters from Jail Without Charges Following Monday’s Mass Rioting
    St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner released ALL of the rioters and looters captured this week in the criminal Black Lives Matter – Antifa protests in St. Louis.
    This was after 4 police officers were shot and one retired police captain was killed in the street on Facebook live.
    Missouri state Attorney General Eric Schmitt was shocked by the move.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-mass-rioting/
    arrest christians for going to church, let murderers and thieves go free
    Maybe it's time that citizens rise up against corruption and start meting out a little vigilante "justice" (read tar and feathers) for some of these Anti-American lawyers, judges, and "elected" officials who seem to have forgotten what common sense and the law really is, and that when they, purposely, put innocent lives in danger, they're putting their own lives in danger,too.

If enough of these idiots feared for the well-being of their families and themselves, maybe they'd start remembering they are accountable for their actions.

I believe we knew what to do with tar and feathers about 250 yrs. ago (and it had nothing to do with paving roads). Maybe we need to remember a little history....

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I sure hope not. I just want to enjoy my family, work my job, and keep my cozy home.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I sure hope not. I just want to enjoy my family, work my job, and keep my cozy home.
    Sadly, a lot of people don't want you to do that.

Freedom isn't free.

We are heading into a storm the likes we have not seen in our lifetimes and I think we will be tested. The spoiled kids aka Antifa(Anti first amendment) have gotten away with so much and keep pushing the envelope. No rules, no justice, no cops if it goes there, and no identifiable targets for proactive lessons gives them the high ground leaving us in an uphill fight. I found myself thinking about which states to try and save and which to abandon. I am never one to give up but I think we as citizens are ill trained in tactics but are superior in numbers, small arms and the ability to put a target down when need be. I had a couple beers so this is diluted so to answer the question straight up? I hope not, but myself and I bet most the people here and my friends are well prepared for a bit of a donnybrook.

Well, everything wound down peacefully. I’m pleased there was no looting in our town.

I suspect the die was cast when esper showed his true colors.

White police officers and community members wash the feet of black faith leaders in North Carolina to ‘express humility and love’
    https://newsthud.com/white-police-of...0ba93-74340405

Yelling ‘Allahu Akbar,’ Muslim terrorist stabs NYC police officer In the neck, shoots two others during Floyd rioting
    https://gellerreport.com/2020/06/flo...stabbing.html/

Taking a knee not enough? VIDEO shows Massachusetts police chief LYING FACE DOWN at urging of BLM protesters
    https://www.rt.com/usa/491094-webste...s-blm-protest/
    LOL!!!

It would be nice if I could find something in your posts with which I could disagree. Unfortunately, I can't.

When I was in high school, I used to have a poster on my bedroom wall of a pair of buzzards sitting on a tree branch. On the ground below the tree was a skeleton, a human skeleton. One buzzard turned to the other and, in frustration said:
    "Patience my ass ! I'm gonna KILL something !!"
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    It would be nice if I could find something in your posts with which I could disagree. Unfortunately, I can't.

When I was in high school, I used to have a poster on my bedroom wall of a pair of buzzards sitting on a tree branch. On the ground below the tree was a skeleton, a human skeleton. One buzzard turned to the other and, in frustration said:
    Had that same poster in my college dorm room and then apartment!

Sadly we ARE heading for CIVIL WAR. But the RADICAL LEFT is clever. They're just taking over ALL the major institutions, and NOW all the CORPORATIONS. They will cut off services (like banking, internet, utilities, etc) to anyone whom they disagree with. They don't have to shoot a single shot. They took over ENOUGH of the major blue state cities, they will take over the major cities in even RED states, THEY'RE already brainwashing so many young people and the disaffected. How can you fight a civil way if the RADICALS control the infrastructure? Sure you can live out your life in isolation, but this nation will forever be destroyed. We will be weak, the DEMOCRATS will give all of our power to CHINA. I can't believe how fast the RADICALS destroyed AMERICA.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Sadly we ARE heading for CIVIL WAR. But the RADICAL LEFT is clever. They're just taking over ALL the major institutions, and NOW all the CORPORATIONS. They will cut off services (like banking, internet, utilities, etc) to anyone whom they disagree with. They don't have to shoot a single shot. They took over ENOUGH of the major blue state cities, they will take over the major cities in even RED states, THEY'RE already brainwashing so many young people and the disaffected. How can you fight a civil way if the RADICALS control the infrastructure? Sure you can live out your life in isolation, but this nation will forever be destroyed. We will be weak, the DEMOCRATS will give all of our power to CHINA. I can't believe how fast the RADICALS destroyed AMERICA.
    What is funny and ironic to me is all of these morons who think they have it so bad now that we have to destroy the system that we have to build it into something "better" don't realize how much worse off they will be if we become a third world shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post

We will do well to listen to a distant relative of mine who had first hand experience in the matter.
    Reading from his lengthy tome The Rise And Fall Of The Confederate Government, and I hope he (and you) will forgive my paraphrasing here, "if there is to ever be another civil war, let them start it".

Meaning don't do as they do ie attacking others, arson, vandalism, never do what your enemy wants you to do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast