Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for site admin

Suggestion for site admin

Can we get a bbq forum like we have for cigars? I wouldn't mind exchanging some tips and technique. That is unless our members dont like to eat.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I like to eat, and I like to eat BBQ!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Come on you guys don't like to eat?

Those look really good, thought the burger is way to big to eat!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

AARRRGGGHH, you're killing me, i have to lose 20 lbs before my knee replacement next month

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Those look really good, thought the burger is way to big to eat!
    I ate that burger like a champion and I didn't even cut it in half like some kind of sissy first.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    What if I stick this thread and change the title to "The Official BBQ Thread"?

I guess.......a forum would be even better with sub groups for grilling, barbecuing, and smoking..........

I cooked a nice 3lb tri tip tonight. I dry brined it overnight with kosher salt black pepper granulated garlic onion powder parsley and a little paprika. Cooked indirect until around 110. (30 mins fat side up then fat side down) over charcoal with mesquite chips and then direct to get the right sear on the outside until internal temp hit 130. Let rest for 10 mins. I had a nice 3/16ths smoke ring all of the way around and it was done perfectly no pics this time because I was too hungry.

That sounds really good!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

I like it. Liven this site up a little bit.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

you can't tell me yall are a bunch of undernourished vegans around here who don't appreciate some good burnt cow once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    you can't tell me yall are a bunch of undernourished vegans around here who don't appreciate some good burnt cow once in a while.
    We have WILDFIRES all over northern California right now. I was going to smoke some brisket but in good conscience I can't fire up the smoker, when the SMOKE from the fires is choking the air quality at street level But when the air gets better I'll try to post some pics

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    We have WILDFIRES all over northern California right now. I was going to smoke some brisket but in good conscience I can't fire up the smoker, when the SMOKE from the fires is choking the air quality at street level But when the air gets better I'll try to post some pics
    Just leave the brisket outside, will smoke fine on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Just leave the brisket outside, will smoke fine on it's own.
    We have a total ban on outdoor fires ... and I totally agree with it. No way I'm gonna add to the crap that we're breathing at street level, not until the weather clears up and the wind blows to the ocean.

AMAZING. Since no one is driving, the air quality before the fires was super clear. The Lockdown had lowered our pollution to a historic level (not that it's a good thing to TANK the economy but the one silver lining was great air quality.) Now Nature has said 'Fuck off, I'm gonna make your air a living hell hahahahahaha
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 08-24-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    We have a total ban on outdoor fires ... and I totally agree with it. No way I'm gonna add to the crap that we're breathing at street level, not until the weather clears up and the wind blows to the ocean.

AMAZING. Since no one is driving, the air quality before the fires was super clear. The Lockdown had lowered our pollution to a historic level (not that it's a good thing to TANK the economy but the one silver lining was great air quality.) Now Nature has said 'Fuck off, I'm gonna make your air a living hell hahahahahaha
    Seems like Mother Nature isn't having any of your burn bans, assisted by the stupid forestry laws of not being able to burn the understory every once in a while to prevent fires like these from occurring.

Mayeb these fires will cause someone to rethring about their banning controlled burns in the future.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

It looks about the same out here, its terrible.

I keep feeling like it's winter when I look outside until I realize its about 100 degrees and I can barely breathe.

But back to the original topic I think it would be great to have a bbq sub forum where we can exchange recipes and techniques especially since we have people from all over the US.

Whether or not the admin agrees, I'm going to continue burning cow for some time.

Okay Napots, I'll give you a recipe, although this is more of a marinade.
    Take one of those plastic 5 qt. ice cream pails and start with 1/2 cup of vinegar, 1/4 - 1/3 cup mustard, 1/2 cup EACH ketchup and BBQ sauce, ~ 1 pint of cold water, assorted spices (garlic powder {NOT "salt"}, onion powder, cumin, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, etc.), then stir vigorously to mix. NOW, add 1 can of beer and stir GENTLY (so you don't lose the carbonation). Then put your meat of choice in the pail, making sure it is completely covered, replace the lid and put in the fridge overnight.
    Remove the meat about 10-15 minutes before going on the grill to let the excess liquid drip off.
    Near the end of grilling, you can brush on your favorite BBQ sauce or wait until the meat is off to avoid possible burning of the sauce.
    I have used this for squirrel, rabbit, groundhog/woodchuck, pork steaks, chicken breasts/thighs/drumsticks, T-bones, rib-eyes, and porterhouse steaks.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast