Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we have any democrats on this forum?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Do we have any democrats on this forum?

I'd like to hear from a democrat why they vote for democrats.

Because the Republicans are going to take away
    Your abortions
    Social security
    Open immigration
    Gay rights
    Medical coverage
    College funding
    Teacher funding
    Screw over the working man
    Civil rights

You see how that works their platform is based on fear aimed at
    Women
    The elderly
    Immigrants, particularly illegal aliens
    Homos
    Old people again and the sick
    Students
    Families and women again
    Unions
    Blacks and minorities

Pretty convenient to pain your opponent as the boogie man for all of your special interest groups

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Your abortions
    Social security
    Open immigration
    Gay rights
    Medical coverage
    College funding
    Teacher funding
    Screw over the working man
    Civil rights

You see how that works their platform is based on fear aimed at
    Women
    The elderly
    Immigrants, particularly illegal aliens
    Homos
    Old people again and the sick
    Students
    Families and women again
    Unions
    Blacks and minorities

Pretty convenient to pain your opponent as the boogie man for all of your special interest groups
    You forgot that we're all evil gun lovers who LOVE OUR GUNS more than our CHILDREN and want innocent people to get murdered because of something ... something ... profits of gun companies .... blah blah blah.....

The Democrats have NO COHESIVE plan other than their hate mongering and their smears.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    You forgot that we're all evil gun lovers who LOVE OUR GUNS more than our CHILDREN and want innocent people to get murdered because of something ... something ... profits of gun companies .... blah blah blah.....

The Democrats have NO COHESIVE plan other than their hate mongering and their smears.
    Well, from a political standpoint it is a great strategy. You either give these people things, or simply make the promise that you will. You paint the other party as the ones who will take those things away or prevent them from being given. You now become the hand that feeds.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I remember my mother-in-law saying she was voting for Algore because Bush2 was going to take away social security. Somehow in his 8 years as president I don't remember Bush2 doing that.

Yep, if you don't have a coherent plan to better this country, lie about your opponent to make your opponent look evil.

I suspect there's more than one here, but don't expect them to admit it.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I suspect there's more than one here, but don't expect them to admit it.
    I was one for about 50 years, but I never voted for a Dimocrat. I always voted for the Republican candidates.

During the Primaries, which are closed here, I'd always vote for the one who had the least chance of winning, trying to hurt the "golden one" as much as I could.

Our Teachers' Association would pass out ballots of who they were backing and I'd make sure I always voted the other way. The good thing was if I didn't know the person, and they backed him/her, I knew NOT to vote for them.

Nixon was the first President I voted for that won.... (go figure).
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

every one's a dimocrat before they grow up

There is only one time that I voted for a Democrat presidential candidate. I knew at the time that I was throwing my vote away but this man had the guts to tell the American people what nobody else would say and that was that "we" must pay our bills. He had the balls to tell people that the government could not continue this reckless deficit spending. It didn't hurt that he had an interesting VP running mate - Geraldine Ferraro. Between his aforementioned statements and that he was still being associated with "Mr. Peanut", I knew he didn't stand a chance. But I wasn't too thrilled with Reagan's first term either as he failed to follow through on some of his campaign promises. Don't ask me for specifics as it has been too long and too much else has happened of greater importance in my life.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    True enough, I admit I was an ass hat when I was young and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    There is only one time that I voted for a Democrat presidential candidate. I knew at the time that I was throwing my vote away but this man had the guts to tell the American people what nobody else would say and that was that "we" must pay our bills. He had the balls to tell people that the government could not continue this reckless deficit spending. It didn't hurt that he had an interesting VP running mate - Geraldine Ferraro. Between his aforementioned statements and that he was still being associated with "Mr. Peanut", I knew he didn't stand a chance. But I wasn't too thrilled with Reagan's first term either as he failed to follow through on some of his campaign promises. Don't ask me for specifics as it has been too long and too much else has happened of greater importance in my life.
    I was stupid back then. Didn't come to appreciate Reagan till later in my life. I forget who I voted for back then, I didn't vote for Carter or Reagan. Maybe the second time for Reagan, not sure Sure didn't vote for Mondale. Voted for Bush 1 till he started his love fest with the ATF and his no new taxes dumb ass pledge breakage. Voted for Perot. Since then been pretty consistent Republican nationally and libertarian on some lower tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I'd like to hear from a democrat why they vote for democrats.
    You expect to have a rational, two way conversation with a democrap?

Must be some good shit you got there.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I think that's a Winston Churchill quote...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    You expect to have a rational, two way conversation with a democrap?

Must be some good shit you got there.
    LOL.......I'm actually taking painkillers. Had back surgery last week. That might explain it right? hehehe

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

whats the question? you ask if there are any democrats here, im registered as a dem, but you go on to ponder why they vote for dems. i dont, so i cant relate.

You see how that works their platform is based on fear ...
    and the republican part does the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    whats the question? you ask if there are any democrats here, im registered as a dem, but you go on to ponder why they vote for dems. i dont, so i cant relate.

Well Sir, I guess you don't fit into the question I was asking then.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post

You mean like how the republicans keep telling us that the democrats are going to end up as a bunch of fucking communists and take our guns away? Oh wait, that is their official party platform this year.

Been a indy since old enough to vote, and listen to any candidate until they show me enough evidence they could care less about the US Constitution to be entrusted with power. I have no prob voting for any dem who abides by the constitution, same for reps. That said, the diff to me between d and r is the d's will tell you exactly how they're going to rape the constitution then do so while the r's tell you they won't rape the constitution and then do so.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Been a indy since old enough to vote, and listen to any candidate until they show me enough evidence they could care less about the US Constitution to be entrusted with power. I have no prob voting for any dem who abides by the constitution, same for reps. That said, the diff to me between d and r is the d's will tell you exactly how they're going to rape the constitution then do so while the r's tell you they won't rape the constitution and then do so.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

You mean like how the republicans keep telling us that the democrats are going to end up as a bunch of fucking communists and take our guns away? Oh wait, that is their official party platform this year.
    yes, like the republicans tell us that they are going to deregulate suppressors and "make the 2nd amendment great again" but the evil democrats are going to do nothing for suppressors and ban and confiscate bump stocks and promote confiscating guns without due process, and ban and confiscate pistol braces (coming soon to a trump white house near you), and.............oh, wait.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast