Thread: What email clients work for 7? Sick of thunderbird.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

What email clients work for 7? Sick of thunderbird.

I'm tired of the constant freeze ups and not responding from thunderbird. Any suggestions? I've used Thunderbird for years and I've reached my end now. Tried everything suggested on the internet to fix it. nothing works. Don't give me upgrade to win10 either. No interest in making my sims not work anymore than I wanted my 95,98 and XP sims not work anymore. Don't give me use the compatibility settings BS either. Want suggestions on an email client that works on 7 PERIOD. Can you tell I'm pissed off?

Yes, I can tell that !
    When my 7 got a "corrupted profile" about 2 years ago, the company that repaired my set-up did NOT set up the computer to go online on PPPoE. This rendered T'bird useless for me as I now have to rt-clk the monitor icon on the bottom right, lt-clk on "troubleshoot", etc. ....
    As T'bird was only used for the AT&T account I have (I'm on DSL), I just login to the AT&T site for the email. That account isn't really used any more and 99% of my mail goes through the Yahoo account I have had for 24 years.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I'm tired of the constant freeze ups and not responding from thunderbird. Any suggestions? I've used Thunderbird for years and I've reached my end now. Tried everything suggested on the internet to fix it. nothing works. Don't give me upgrade to win10 either. No interest in making my sims not work anymore than I wanted my 95,98 and XP sims not work anymore. Don't give me use the compatibility settings BS either. Want suggestions on an email client that works on 7 PERIOD. Can you tell I'm pissed off?
    Friends don't let friends use Windoze.

Sorry, I have no suggestions. I have used Thunderbird for years and still do... no problems at all.

Your problems may not be Thunderbird itself, but some problem in the OS (virus, anti-virus program, wrong setting, popup blocker, etc...?).
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Friends don't let friends use Windoze.

Sorry, I have no suggestions. I have used Thunderbird for years and still do... no problems at all.

Your problems may not be Thunderbird itself, but some problem in the OS (virus, anti-virus program, wrong setting, popup blocker, etc...?).
    Seems to have been the last update never finished and /or I didn't let it finish downloading emails it needed to finish. It would take about 30 seconds and say downloading number 2 of 100 then say not responding for a while then do another ect. i let it finish took a an hour or two. Now it seems to be fine. Very weird. Definitely not the antivirus. I had shut it down and it was still doing it. Anyway it seems to be resolved now. LOL friends don't let friends use windoze. Same here, I've used it for years.

Spoke too soon. Same thing today. Sorry thunderbird you've been great for many years. eM client i will give you a shot.