Thread: Got a favorite ammo supplier?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Got a favorite ammo supplier?

My son built me one of those rifles that isn't an AK. It actually pretty keel. So I went looking for online ammo. Geez, I guess I haven't bought in a while. It's outrageous.
    Are there any sources for 5.56 that won't make me feel like my cheeks just got busted?

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    My son built me one of those rifles that isn't an AK. It actually pretty keel. So I went looking for online ammo. Geez, I guess I haven't bought in a while. It's outrageous.
    Are there any sources for 5.56 that won't make me feel like my cheeks just got busted?
    I used to buy most of my ammo from Ammoman (Eric). Now, for some reason, he thinks he can't sell to NY, yet he keeps emailing me ammo advertising. Oh well, his loss. I just buy it from Ammunition Depot or Gunbroker now.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I stopped at the Outpost (Ronnie Barrett's old place) today. 7.62 is still somewhat reasonable: 229.00 for 1k rds. But I have plenty of that.
    Freaking 5.56 is 309.00 for 1k, and that better than what I can find online.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I stopped at the Outpost (Ronnie Barrett's old place) today. 7.62 is still somewhat reasonable: 229.00 for 1k rds. But I have plenty of that.
    Freaking 5.56 is 309.00 for 1k, and that better than what I can find online.
    I saw a place that was selling 1000 round cases of 5.56 for (are you sitting down?) $800 (yes eight hundred dollars)!!!

I remember when .50 BMG was $1 a round and I thought that was a lot!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!