Thread: Since when have complete AR15 lowers been $100?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Since when have complete AR15 lowers been $100?

Got an email the other day from centerfire, I haven't bought a rifle in a while. They have plum crazy complete lowers for $109!!!!!!! Seems like a good deal to me. Is there anything wrong with the composite type AR lowers?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Last lower i bought was a POF, paid $165 10years ago. I've seen aluminum lowers for as low as $75, for awhile it seemed like there 30 companys offering ar lowers.

Just decided to build a 6mm ARC out of the POF , i just pre-ordered a 20" Faxxon barrel from brownells.....here i go again; new dies, components, hours and hours at the bench and range, WOO HOO.

I have a keltec PLR-16 with a composite lower. Keltec said 5-6000 rnds life expectancy. I have a couple thousand thru it and it's fine.I think durability would be the only issue, but at $109 plan ahead and buy 2

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Last lower i bought was a POF, paid $165 10years ago. I've seen aluminum lowers for as low as $75, for awhile it seemed like there 30 companys offering ar lowers.

Just decided to build a 6mm ARC out of the POF , i just pre-ordered a 20" Faxxon barrel from brownells.....here i go again; new dies, components, hours and hours at the bench and range, WOO HOO.

I have a keltec PLR-16 with a composite lower. Keltec said 5-6000 rnds life expectancy. I have a couple thousand thru it and it's fine.I think durability would be the only issue, but at $109 plan ahead and buy 2
    Thanks for the reply. Don't know why I need two more guns, but I went ahead and ordered two of the complete lowers, they went up $20 a piece. Shoulda ordered them when i first saw them.

I'm seeing that they "used to" use plastic FCG in their lowers. So that is one thing that you'll have to replace immediately.

I have 2 polymer 80 lowers that are completely plastic but still have yet to build them or use them for anything.
    I'd think they would be kinda weak.
    I'd go with the Omni Hybird if youwere going polymer. They have metal parts cast into the molds in every important area, take down pin areas, and buffer tube threads.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I'm seeing that they "used to" use plastic FCG in their lowers. So that is one thing that you'll have to replace immediately.

I have 2 polymer 80 lowers that are completely plastic but still have yet to build them or use them for anything.
    I'd think they would be kinda weak.
    I'd go with the Omni Hybird if youwere going polymer. They have metal parts cast into the molds in every important area, take down pin areas, and buffer tube threads.

BISHOP
    Yeah when i get them I'll check it out. Ordered them before I saw your post. I got delayed of course, then my shop went on vacation for two weeks.....Story of my life. I'll probably get all my upper parts before I get the lowers!