Thread: Who has cheap good Ar 15 Uppers?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Who has cheap good Ar 15 Uppers?

Looking for AR 15 Uppers complete including Bolt and carrier. Any caliber that will use a normal .223/5.56 lower. Any suggestions?

Psa

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 351 View Post
    Psa
    Thanks, have to keep an eye out. All the normal length are sold out. People must be buying left and right.

man how the days of "if it ain't made by ABC (Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt), it ain't shit" have changed

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Thanks, have to keep an eye out. All the normal length are sold out. People must be buying left and right.
    What in your mind is NORMAL length? To me Normal length is 20" Carbine length is 16"

Check primary arms also.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    What in your mind is NORMAL length? To me Normal length is 20" Carbine length is 16"
    I mean anything non SBR smartass

Centerfire had plum crazy complete lowers for $109 in an email, I didn't check them out for a couple days ended up buying 2 at $129 a piece, Funny I consider complete uppers to be the rest of the gun, but they all don't include bolt. bolt carrier and chraging handle. Got a Remington defense "complete" upper 16" chromelined brl for $289, Bushmaster charging handle for $16.99 and detachable A2 carry handle for $29.99 at CDNN sports and a bolt carrier/bolt from PSA for $111.11 so my total for an AR15 build is $577 Is that pretty good? BTW do I need to headspace this at all when i slap the upper on the lower or is good to go if the bolt turns and locks? Never bought a franken AR, always complete AR's.

I mean anything non SBR smartass
    Um. Hate to break it to you but 16" is NOT an SBR...... but keep on dreaming......

Again, you say "NORMAL". In my day "normal" mean 20". Nowadays, so many AR owners ONLY use 16" M4 style rifles, that 20 inchers are RARE. So WHICH IS IT?

Um. Hate to break it to you but 16" is NOT an SBR...... but keep on dreaming......

Again, you say "NORMAL". In my day "normal" mean 20". Nowadays, so many AR owners ONLY use 16" M4 style rifles, that 20 inchers are RARE. So WHICH IS IT?
    Think you had too much to drink my friend. Try looking at what I wrote in the post. NON SBR. Well aware of what a SBR is I built one(you probably can't even own one.) Yugo M92. BTW wtf is going on with you? You have a beef with me? Normal is 16" or longer as clearly explained in my posts.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 07-11-2020 at 03:19 AM.

Centerfire had plum crazy complete lowers for $109 in an email, I didn't check them out for a couple days ended up buying 2 at $129 a piece, Funny I consider complete uppers to be the rest of the gun, but they all don't include bolt. bolt carrier and chraging handle. Got a Remington defense "complete" upper 16" chromelined brl for $289, Bushmaster charging handle for $16.99 and detachable A2 carry handle for $29.99 at CDNN sports and a bolt carrier/bolt from PSA for $111.11 so my total for an AR15 build is $577 Is that pretty good? BTW do I need to headspace this at all when i slap the upper on the lower or is good to go if the bolt turns and locks? Never bought a franken AR, always complete AR's.
    Several years ago I bought a couple uppers from this company. Haven’t had any issues with them. https://sotaarms.com/joomshopping/category/view/2theart

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    Several years ago I bought a couple uppers from this company. Haven’t had any issues with them. https://sotaarms.com/joomshopping/category/view/2theart
    Thanks I'll look at them for the second lower I bought, but think I'll want a regular A2 upper 20" or maybe a Retro upper triangle handguard ect.

Thanks I'll look at them for the second lower I bought, but think I'll want a regular A2 upper 20" or maybe a Retro upper triangle handguard ect.
    Plane Jane a2 upper is hard to find these days

Think you had too much to drink my friend. Try looking at what I wrote in the post. NON SBR. Well aware of what a SBR is I built one(you probably can't even own one.) Yugo M92. BTW wtf is going on with you? You have a beef with me? Normal is 16" or longer as clearly explained in my posts.
    You can't read. I asked WHICH ONE? 20 or 16? You just said NON Sbr which doesn't actually answer the question OTHER than it's longer than 16. Whoopty doo. You did NOT clearly explain anything.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

https://www.mccutchenfirearms.com/MF...r-p/mf-50m.htm

rifle length: check
    complete, ready to fire: check
    uses std 223 lower: check
    in stock: check
    "cheap": comparatively so, check.

theres your new rifle. enjoy

You can't read. I asked WHICH ONE? 20 or 16? You just said NON Sbr which doesn't actually answer the question OTHER than it's longer than 16. Whoopty doo. You did NOT clearly explain anything.
    I beg to differ, NON SBR would indicate anything that isn't a SBR, since we all know what an SBR is; anything under 16" barrel for a rifle that would mean anything 16" or over wouldn't it? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? PULL THE STICK OUT OF YOUR ASS. I have no idea why you want to start shit with me. Maybe you could expand why?
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 07-12-2020 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Plane Jane a2 upper is hard to find these days
    Yeah that's a fact. By some miracle an email popped up from CDNN a couple days later that had complete Remington Defense 16" uppers(minus carry handle/rear sight, BCG and charging handle for $289). I jumped on one of them, said they had 70- in stock still hasn't shipped though. Think I'll go with a 20" A1 upper for the second lower I have if I can find one. I like the old triangle handguards.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    https://www.mccutchenfirearms.com/MF...r-p/mf-50m.htm

rifle length: check
    complete, ready to fire: check
    uses std 223 lower: check
    in stock: check
    "cheap": comparatively so, check.

theres your new rifle. enjoy
    NICE. I always wanted a .50 Yeah the price is not bad at all for a .50! That's weird though , .50 uppers now require you to go through an FFL! ATF just changes the rules anytime they want. I guess looking at it though it applies to their their design since the magwell is on the upper itself.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 07-12-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

NICE. I always wanted a .50 Yeah the price is not bad at all for a .50! That's weird though , .50 uppers now require you to go through an FFL! ATF just changes the rules anytime they want. I guess looking at it though it applies to their their design since the magwell is on the upper itself.
    yeah, that whole ordeal pissed me off. i had finally saved up for one, and then all sales were suspended while the at was making up thier mind. that went on for months and by the time they made a decision and the company started selling them again, that money was already long gone allocated elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    yeah, that whole ordeal pissed me off. i had finally saved up for one, and then all sales were suspended while the at was making up thier mind. that went on for months and by the time they made a decision and the company started selling them again, that money was already long gone allocated elsewhere.
    That's a bitch. think I might wait to buy an upper for my second lower, get recovered from back surgery and back to work then buy that .50 upper for it. Thanks again for the heads up. I'd love to buy a M82 Barret, but this upper is a reasonable price to me. I watched a youtube on their manufacturing, looks like they pay attention to QC too.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 07-20-2020 at 09:51 PM.