Thread: Civil Unrest Ammo Choices?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Civil Unrest Ammo Choices?

Was wondering, considering all of what's happening in the US now, what would be the best choice of ammo to stock up on, JIC?

I'm guessing that the first choice would be 5.56 or .223 as the firearm of choice, for most people, is the AR-15 platform. This ammo would be the one that can be found almost everywhere and is still, relatively, cheap.

My second rifle caliber choice would be 7.62X39 mm. as there are quite a few AK's around.

Shotgun choice would have to be 12 gauge.

Not really sure about handgun caliber choices, but, I'm guessing, 9 mm., followed by .45 Auto.

I'm leaving out .22 RF and .22 Mag. because they are not what I'd call dependable, one-shot, man-stoppers.

Are there better choices? Did I overlook any calibers that are good choices, too?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

It is hard to find 223/5.56 right now. I was looking on gun deals the other day and when I went to the pages all the deals were sold out. I’m afraid if you are looking now, every caliber is hard to find in quantity. You local fun store may have some.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I don't think it matters as long as the caliber is large enough to cause bleeding. With first responders well behind the hoard of people, the person involved in the unrest will have time to think about why the way they are doing what they are doing is kind of counter-productive before they bleed out.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I don't think it matters as long as the caliber is large enough to cause bleeding. With first responders well behind the hoard of people, the person involved in the unrest will have time to think about why the way they are doing what they are doing is kind of counter-productive before they bleed out.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of the most common calibers that most people will be using. I love my .303 Brit, but It's not something I think most people will be using when the SHTF.

I do agree with your idea of giving them time to think about their wrong choices while they bleed out....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars