Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun store report...

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Yeah I have nearly nine pounds of bp myself. It's in the back room in a guns safe. I guess it's ok.
    I never open or poor any into a horn indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Tank out of curiosity did you take that picture?

My neighbor went looking for a shotgun at Big5 and said all they had was a few airguns left.
    not mine, it's been floating around on twitter. My Cabela/Bass Pro shop has a LINE going out the door. I can't get inside without waiting 5 hours

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Just went to my local gun store as he had 4-50 rnd. boxes of .45 LC and I told him I'd be right there. Other than that, he has almost no ammo in stock (not many shoot this ammo around here, so I can usually find this caliber).

On another note, another local gun store is advertising for anyone to bring in their BP firearms, shooting supplies, powders, etc. Really, there are very few people around here who are even interested in BP and I surely am not about to sell him any of my stuff. I'm guessing since he can't get regular guns, powder, ammo, he's turing to this as an attempt to have something to sell.

Things are real tight in all our local gun stores.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Just went to my local gun store as he had 4-50 rnd. boxes of .45 LC and I told him I'd be right there. Other than that, he has almost no ammo in stock (not many shoot this ammo around here, so I can usually find this caliber).
    I almost wrote this exact thing last week
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I'd say most on this board are nicely stocked. Thing is, I have a range here at the house. So I use quite a bit of ammo. Guess I gotta conserve somewhat now.
    I have a personal "policy" that I must have at least one case (1000 rounds) of every caliber I need in stock. If I want to go to the range, I use ammo that I have in addition to the minimum. If I'm down to one case of, say 7.62x39, I won't take any rifle that uses that caliber to the range, until I can buy more.

If the S really HTF, hopefully 1000 rounds will be enough.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Sort of unrelated, but have you guys ever seen the kits you can buy that allow you to reload .22 rinfire?
    How on earth do you reload .22?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    How on earth do you reload .22?
    http://22lrreloader.com/design-details/

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Just got back from a local flea market. Picked up a no-name .44 1860 Colt reporduction revolver for $175. It's missing all the bluing (down to the shiney metal) which makes it look pretty old. The seller estimaed it was new in the late 1960's. All it was missing was a barrel wedge screw, which I just ordered from Dixie. Should be here in about a week as it was in stock.

The good thing about already being into BP is that if I see something I like, and can use, I can get it and not have to worry about powder, ammo, accessories.

Can't wait to clean it up and do a little shooting with it.

Freedom isn't free.

Was in Walmart yesterday, and noticed they had 5 boxes of .30-30, so I went back today and bought them. I have 3 guns that shoot that caliber and, probably, have about 300 rounds already, but I decided to pick up the rest as finding any type of ammo is getting harder. I don't think that Walmart has any more calibers I can shoot, except for shotgun hunting shells.

Anyway, gonna spend more time shooting BP as I just orderd another revolver (1862 Police, with longer than standard barrel length). Hopefully, it'll be here early next week and, if I feel up to it, take it out and do some shooting.

Looking at getting another NAA Companion in magnun (BP also). I already have 4 of them, but they are really handy and pretty hard shooting...

Right now, it appears that the ony way to keep shooting is to switch to BP or high power airguns.

May have to switch over to some archery, too. That I can shoot in back yard....

Freedom isn't free.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I keep meaning to go back to The Outpost for a follow up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123