Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun store report...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    It is different this time. I am set for ammo, or thought I was. Now I want even more.
    Somehow, I just don't think it's coming back around to sane prices and supplies. I think what we have now will be about it as far as good stocking.
    Time will tell.
    Now is the time to shoot muzzle loaders and save the modern stuff for when we need it.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

It is different this time. I am set for ammo, or thought I was. Now I want even more.
    Somehow, I just don't think it's coming back around to sane prices and supplies. I think what we have now will be about it as far as good stocking.
    Time will tell.
    Can you ever have "enough" ammo?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Can you ever have "enough" ammo?
    I would say no. LOL We can NEVER have enough ammo! But a lot of us have to decide when and where to spend our cash. I just wish I jumped on the cheap ammo when it was available. I keep on saying "Next time the panic subsides, I'll stock up" and I never do.

My friends who are still FFLs are saying that prices nationwide are going through the roof. CRAZY MARK UPS. Are you guys seeing it? My LGS is selling GLOCK 17s for $850 a piece and they're embarrassed by it, but that's what the boss says is the going price. He's right (at least in CA). I remember price gouging the last "PANIC" back in 2012.

How are the prices where you guys are? It will be MONTHS before I go 'deal shopping' for a gun again......

I've been looking for a CZ P01 (CA model) and can only find an occasional one on gun broker for almost double price.

I finally stopped in my local guy today. With all the stuff I've been hearing I thought I'd better
    Had a fair amount of handguns but I didn't peruse to long
    He's always been known for low prices and that hasn't seemed to have changed
    I was more interested in ammo and the shelves were pretty bare
    I was hoping for some 45lc "nope" It's ordered but taking longer for him to get
    22 lr is hard to get almost sounded impossible for him
    I didn't want to leave empty handed so got a 250 rd case of Fiocchi # 8 12ga for just under $74 with tax
    I hope to get back soon for that cowboy load
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I finally stopped in my local guy today. With all the stuff I've been hearing I thought I'd better
    Had a fair amount of handguns but I didn't peruse to long
    He's always been known for low prices and that hasn't seemed to have changed
    I was more interested in ammo and the shelves were pretty bare
    I was hoping for some 45lc "nope" It's ordered but taking longer for him to get
    22 lr is hard to get almost sounded impossible for him
    I didn't want to leave empty handed so got a 250 rd case of Fiocchi # 8 12ga for just under $74 with tax
    I hope to get back soon for that cowboy load
    Instead of #8 birdshot, wouldn't it have been better for #4 or #6 for hunting? Or maybe some steel "T" for "depth & penetration" in an HD/SD situation?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Instead of #8 birdshot, wouldn't it have been better for #4 or #6 for hunting? Or maybe some steel "T" for "depth & penetration" in an HD/SD situation?
    I was mostly thinking of fun stuff for it
    I love shooting trap.
    If I ever get enough guys over for some games one can really go through the rounds in no time
    I hope to get there more often and look more along the lines of what you're talking about though
    I am a little light on that
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I was mostly thinking of fun stuff for it
    I love shooting trap.
    If I ever get enough guys over for some games one can really go through the rounds in no time
    I hope to get there more often and look more along the lines of what you're talking about though
    I am a little light on that
    You're right. The #8 would be good for trap & skeet and maybe quail. #7.5 and #6 are good for pheasant, quail, and rabbit but if they are way out, #4 is better. Don't forget to stock up on some lead buckshot too. A 3" 12 ga. shell has 40 #4 Buck pellets and a OO Buck has 15 pellets. Those usually come 5/box and so do slugs. Slugs really have some punch to them but you have to aim like a rifle.
    If you shotgun has screw-in chokes, it is likely they are NOT meant for steel shot so BE CAREFUL. If it does NOT have screw-ins, DON'T USE STEEL SHOT.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Places around here the stock is limited and most of the shelves are bare!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Now is the time to shoot muzzle loaders and save the modern stuff for when we need it.
    And on a like note, airguns.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

There's plenty of .22 this time, almost every store I've been in has .22. Even the little neighborhood hardware store had .22......they usually have 9mm too but none of that now.

Little bit of the big bores too....45acp and 40 S&W are around, even seen a few boxes of 10mm. But 9mm is gone.....some gougers on Armslist but nothing in stores and few and far between online. If you see a site with some get it, cuz it won't be there when you go back later.

I've got other calibers...pulled the CZ-40B out of the safe....and I am very well stocked on .45acp and 10mm....I'll ride this one out just like the other ammo shortages of the past.

Shows why you should never be too dependent on one caliber.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Time will tell.
    I think your right, I hope your wrong.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Went to pick-up a gun I had ordered, instead of the usual 15-20 minute wait for the background check I was told it's a 3 day wait...they'll call me when it clears.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Places around here the stock is limited and most of the shelves are bare!
    Here is a pic from BASS PRO SHOPS gun section .........

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Holy cow. It looks completely picked through.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Here is a pic from BASS PRO SHOPS gun section .........

Tank out of curiosity did you take that picture?

My neighbor went looking for a shotgun at Big5 and said all they had was a few airguns left.

Skyrocketing gun sales trigger US ammo shortage
    “Some of the frustration we’ve frankly heard from some of the new users is that they bought a firearm, they can’t find any ammunition, because it’s in short supply,” Vista Outdoor Inc. CEO Christopher Metz said on the company’s quarterly earnings call on Thursday.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ly-off-shelves

also consider domestic enemies are also buying arm and ammo now more than ever
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I'd say most on this board are nicely stocked. Thing is, I have a range here at the house. So I use quite a bit of ammo. Guess I gotta conserve somewhat now.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I’m gonna shoot some BP now when I get the urge to shoot. Got plenty of that stocked up.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast