OMG... today driving home from the pharmacy, a local cop car was behind me, so I was driving a mile or two under the speed limit (30 mph) just in case. All of a sudden a boy about 14 or 16 shoots out of his driveway on a bicycle, right in front of me. I stopped so hard that the ABS kicked in and the brakes made that growling sound that ABS makes, and I skidded a tiny bit sideways. I thought the cop was going to rear-end my car, but he stopped in time. I saw his car nose down from the hard braking and he stopped less than 1/2 car length behind me.

Then the cop backs up about 15 feet, pulls around me and "whoop-whoop"ed his siren, pulled the kid on the bike over and gave him a good yelling-at (don't know if he got a ticket as well).

Thank God the cop was behind me, causing me to go a bit slower. Otherwise, I might have hit the kid on the bike.

It's a weird feeling to try to drive with the shit scared out of you. My legs felt like rubber.

I haven't had any tickets since 1983 and I speed all the time. Maybe it would be a good idea to stop driving so fast...