Thread: Anyone else notice PRICES going up on random stuff?

Anyone else notice PRICES going up on random stuff?

Just curious. Has anyone gone shopping (Food, crap on EBAY, clothes, etc) other than high demand items like Ammo, and noticed that prices are going up? I've seen prices spike in many areas. Some of it may be supply interruption, but I worry that the Dollar is starting to lose it's value faster than I expected.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

We just got back from grocery shopping, most items have gone up about 10-20% in the last 3 months except for toilet paper and paper towels they are up over 100%, eg. Northern TP was 6.50 for 12 rolls pre-panic, we just paid 12.96; brawney paper towels was 8.50 pre-panic, now 17.85. With these assinine mask edicts i'm sure there is a paper pulp shortage.

Oh, and hand sanitizer has gone thru the roof as well as isopropyl alcohol.
    Last edited by davepool; 08-04-2020 at 01:47 PM.

The folks who're depending on the plannedemic to hand us over to a totalitarian system are doing their best to suppress the economy, and if they continue what we see today will seem good times. The experts are saying most of the jobs lost so far are not going to come back, and production inertia, inventory, will eventually run dry in some industries. Also keep in mind some of these companies are making billions off the plannedemic that they might not have made otherwise.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Both the TP and laundry detergent I am currently using were bought 5 years ago. As I am "single" now, I am the only user of said products, but "5 years"?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

In the last month, Silver has gone up 48% and Gold has gone up 16%.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Oh hell yeah. I stopped by Lowe's to pick up some treated wood for a bench I'm building.
    4x4 8ft. 13.99
    2x6 8ft 7.89
    2x4 8ft 6.29.

Our dollar is going the way of the Ubangee.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    In the last month, Silver has gone up 48% and Gold has gone up 16%.
    I bought silver when it bottomed out years ago. Think it was under $10 an ounce. I'm in a wait and see mode right now. Told myself if it ever hit $30 again I'd sell. $28 right now and not sure I want to sell at $30. It might go way up.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Phil125 View Post
    I bought silver when it bottomed out years ago. Think it was under $10 an ounce. I'm in a wait and see mode right now. Told myself if it ever hit $30 again I'd sell. $28 right now and not sure I want to sell at $30. It might go way up.
    Unless you are desperate for cash do not sell right now. Consider it insurance or a fire extinguisher and let it be. I don't think we have seen the top yet.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Holy crap. I saw it had gone up to $24, now $28!!!! I bought a bunch at $15,16,17,18.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Unless you are desperate for cash do not sell right now. Consider it insurance or a fire extinguisher and let it be. I don't think we have seen the top yet.
    Yeah I'm not desperate for the cash. But I do find the thought of quadrupling my investment by selling if it hits high $30's intriguing.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

I just paid 6.99 a lb for ground beef.
    I was hoping truck prices would go down soon. Daddy needs a truck. People want a fortune for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I just paid 6.99 a lb for ground beef.
    I was hoping truck prices would go down soon. Daddy needs a truck. People want a fortune for them.
    I too thought that used car/truck prices would go down. They're NOT. People are hanging on to them or think they're worth their weight in GOLD. One reason is that Car dealerships are NOT getting the numbers of NEW YEAR MODEL vehicles at all. FEWER new cars are being built, fewer are being delivered to car dealerships, I know that only a certain percentage of the population gets a CURRENT YEAR car, but the supply is not increasing, due to attrition, it's decreasing.

Yikes. We're gonna be like CUBA, where everyone keeps their cars for generations and use duct tape and bondo to keep them running......

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I too thought that used car/truck prices would go down. They're NOT. People are hanging on to them or think they're worth their weight in GOLD. One reason is that Car dealerships are NOT getting the numbers of NEW YEAR MODEL vehicles at all. FEWER new cars are being built, fewer are being delivered to car dealerships, I know that only a certain percentage of the population gets a CURRENT YEAR car, but the supply is not increasing, due to attrition, it's decreasing.

Yikes. We're gonna be like CUBA, where everyone keeps their cars for generations and use duct tape and bondo to keep them running......
    also consider banks not willing to lend for new cars to people who now have no job, people not having money to begin with due the plannedemic, as well as production of new vehicles lowest since 08

they seem to be trying to hold silver under 30 for the time being

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Yeah I'm not desperate for the cash. But I do find the thought of quadrupling my investment by selling if it hits high $30's intriguing.
    Thinking the same thing. Gets near $40 I might cash in, though if the dollars gonna collapse it make the selling a bad idea.

I keep hoping I can get a good deal on a used or even base new truck. They are a freaking fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I keep hoping I can get a good deal on a used or even base new truck. They are a freaking fortune.
    If you're interested, I have a 2008 Ford Ranger p/u with the 4 L V6 and extended cab. Tires are original but fluids and filters have been changed.

Oh, it has less than 9,000 miles on it.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I agree. As long as we keep increasing the money supply, hard assets should go up. Supply and demand.