Thread: Gun Owners, Remember Who the Price Gougers Are

Gun Owners, Remember Who the Price Gougers Are

I think we as gun owners need to remember who the price gougers/profiteers are during this pandemic and make sure we don't patronize their businesses after this is over and things return to normal.

I had a disappointing experience with a local shop here.

I am looking for a certain firearm. It has an MSRP of $649 but normally sells for around $529. A local store had one on hand and wanted $999 for it. (There was also one on gunbroker for $1199.)

Everything else in the store was marked up similarly, prices 50% to 100% more than they should be. These same guys also had 9mm FMJ for $30 a box

I expected to pay a bit of a premium given the circumstances, say MSRP or MSRP +$50. That would be an extra profit of $170 which is pretty good. Damn near double is just screwing people so I walked out. Strangely they had a ton of inventory.

This is in line with cheaper than dirt trying to sell 9mm 115gr FMJ for $45 a box of 50.

I am all for capitalism. Sure, sell it for what you can, that is the free market.

My point of this post, is that it is also as much my right to say how I feel about it and make sure that I never set foot your business again.

There is being reasonable and then there is being an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I think we as gun owners need to remember who the price gougers/profiteers are during this pandemic and make sure we don't patronize their businesses after this is over and things return to normal.

I had a disappointing experience with a local shop here.

I am looking for a certain firearm. It has an MSRP of $649 but normally sells for around $529. A local store had one on hand and wanted $999 for it. (There was also one on gunbroker for $1199.)

Everything else in the store was marked up similarly, prices 50% to 100% more than they should be. These same guys also had 9mm FMJ for $30 a box

I expected to pay a bit of a premium given the circumstances, say MSRP or MSRP +$50. That would be an extra profit of $170 which is pretty good. Damn near double is just screwing people so I walked out. Strangely they had a ton of inventory.

This is in line with cheaper than dirt trying to sell 9mm 115gr FMJ for $45 a box of 50.

I am all for capitalism. Sure, sell it for what you can, that is the free market.

My point of this post, is that it is also as much my right to say how I feel about it and make sure that I never set foot your business again.

There is being reasonable and then there is being an asshole.
    Pharmaceutical companies do screwing like no other. I can see recovering development costs and making a reasonable profit, but there is no reason for meds to cost $50, $100, $1000 or $20,000 per pill.

Also, this country is so lawsuit happy that doctors pay more for malpractice insurance than most people make.

Every day there are ads on TV like "ask your doctor if lead paint chips are right for you", then next "if you or a loved one ate lead paint chips and subsequently ended up like Joe Biden, call the law offices of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe to get the financial compensation you deserve".

Raped by big pharma, then raped again by scum sucking bottom feeding lawyers.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Did you try to dicker a little
    Could be they mark it high to have inventory
    Might sell cheaper for those that ask
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Did you try to dicker a little
    Could be they mark it high to have inventory
    Might sell cheaper for those that ask
    Of course I did they very much had the attitude that if you don't want to pay our outrageous price that's fine because the next poor sap who doesn't own any guns and feels defenseless will. I only hope that sap realizes he got screwed and decides not to shop in your store again.

Well in that case f**k 'em
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." Is what the pols tell you. I've been seeing prices up on everything. Go to Lowe's the OSB boards are $15!!! They were $8 four months ago.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

This is interesting in that inflation can take place due the trillions spent on the virus while scarcity due the collapsed manufacturing due the virus is also present.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"