Thread: So what do you guys think of the NY AG's attempt to Disband the NRA?

So what do you guys think of the NY AG's attempt to Disband the NRA?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-york-...194113458.html

As a strong supporter of gun rights, I usually say 'fuck off' to the Democrats. But the list of her criticisms of Wayne LaPierre and the leadership of the NRA is jiving with the criticism that many of us GUN OWNERS have been saying for years.

The upper echelon of the NRA have abused the funds, spent it on themselves and NOT on fighting gun bans throughout the country and been a corrupt institution (as far as finances go)

I'm not that convinced that kicking LaPierre and the others OUT OF OFFICE would be a bad thing. We need NEW BLOOD.

Thoughts? I never thought I'b be backing the DEMOCRAT"s play, even though I do NOT trust their motivations, the end result could be a new, honest revitalized NRA for the rest of us.

I agree, I have heard too much about Wayne LaPierre from within to want to keep him around.

He should be making every dollar count in the fight for 2A rights, not making himself rich.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I would rather NRA members decide his fate, not a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-york-...194113458.html

As a strong supporter of gun rights, I usually say 'fuck off' to the Democrats. But the listo of her criticisms of Wayne LaPierre and the leadership of the NRA is jiving with the criticism that many of us GUN OWNERS have been saying for years.

The upper echelon of the NRA have abused the funds, spent it on themselves and NOT on fighting gun bans throughout the country and been a corrupt institution (as far as finances go)

I'm not that convinced that kicking LaPierre and the others OUT OF OFFICE would be a bad thing. We need NEW BLOOD.

Thoughts? I never thought I'b be backing the DEMOCRAT"s play, even though I do NOT trust their motivations, the end result could be a new, honest revitalized NRA for the rest of us.

NRA is in Virginia. How does NY even legally have any standing to try and sue NRA?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    A Hail Mary from a NY AG that wants to make a name for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I would rather NRA members decide his fate, not a politician.
    seconded
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

this is a political power grab. if ny wins, they may get a crack at the spoils. the courts can give receivership of assets to ny. then disperse them to other "like" organizations. this is a taste of our future if the demorats win in november. any conservative organization will be in the cross-hairs.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

What an amazing coincidence that she is doing this in an election year.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    What an amazing coincidence that she is doing this in an election year.
    ... and just in time to distract the election...

I think the Dems are doing these things not to just distract from Bumbling Joe, but to get things rolling. They know that of they start this crap now they can easily go all the way unrestricted when joe wins this November.

I have been hearing of a bunch of crap they have started KNOWING they will accomplish when they started when THEY win..... When they don't, they will still go through with the process but it will be harder.

The democrat lockdowns in all these states and cities will not stop if Trump looses. NY and Mass already have checkpoints that stops you from free travel throughout this country. NY will mandate a test and/or lock you up for 20 days. They called it something like "involuntary quarantine". You now have to fil out forms asking for permission to travel through Mass.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    seconded
    "Thirded".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

With the many states invoking 1940s NAZI style checkpoints, let us realize how quickly people were willing to give up their freedom in the name of security/safety. Just what was it that Ben Franklin said? I think it was Franklin about giving up freedom for security. PAPERS OR GO TO STALAG!

So nice to know there are police as well as those demanding it, who forgot their oath of office, that silly part about upholding the constitution.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I am not sure why they care, NY, Chicago, the Teamsters, Longshormen and most other unions do the same things they are accusing the NRA of. At least with the unions, the difference is that everyone who is a member of the NRA is one voluntarily, the unions, with the help of Democrats, make it a law to join and then use your coerced dues to fund Democrat campaigns. Maybe that is why Democrats are less excited about looking at unions.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    With the many states invoking 1940s NAZI style checkpoints, let us realize how quickly people were willing to give up their freedom in the name of security/safety. Just what was it that Ben Franklin said? I think it was Franklin about giving up freedom for security. PAPERS OR GO TO STALAG!

So nice to know there are police as well as those demanding it, who forgot their oath of office, that silly part about upholding the constitution.
    IIRC, that Ben Franklin quote states:
    “They that can give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.”
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Thank you JTHunter!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Thank you JTHunter!
    You're welcome.

The interesting part is how she equates nra membership with the gun violence seen in places like chitcago and detoilet.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The interesting part is how she equates nra membership with the gun violence seen in places like chitcago and detoilet.
    Right. I wonder how many city thugs are NRA members... ROFLMAO!

Lawsuit filed by nra over sars2 gunstore closures has been tossed out.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

The NRA is based in VA. How could N.Y. go after them???? Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021