Thread: does anyone still own a rumanian sar 3?

does anyone still own a rumanian sar 3?

They used to be so popular years ago. Now adays with the easy availability of ARs likely not so much now.

Thoughts?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Yes I do, I modified it into an underfolder. One of the more accurate Ak's, My Sar1 was terrible, sold it. Not sure if i have my SAR-2 or not.

I have one,it's been a accurate gun,I got it in the early 2000s for 289.00.i have about 6 to 10 mags for it.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Hell yes I still do. One is the first I purchased with now about 10,000 rounds through it. Another is the one I converted to look like a true AK-74 with correct muzzle brake and Russian stock set.

Contrary to popular believe with the correct hammer profile and the Wieger (Wiesa, Germany) mags they are usually very reliable and very accurate.

I will admit to finding one that was unfixable. Very good friend STEEL CORE purchased it and it wouldn't feed correctly. I spent a ton of time aligning things and still couldn't get it to feed right. He then sent it to a supposed AK expert who proved I knew what I was doing when he couldn't get it right. I think STEEL CORE still has it and keeps it in his "Hall Of Shame".