Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In Hospital With Covid19.

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    As of today, Aug. 13, I'm still working on rebuilding my stamina. It's slow going, but I can feel I'm starting to get stronger as I exert myself a little more each day.

They've called me back to part time work this coming Tuesday, and I have a lot more stamina to get back before I go in.

I'll get there, but damn, it seems a little hard to do right now..... Gotta keep pushing.

I guess I'm now a Remdesivir success story that the Commucrats can proudly use to promote their own medical agenda...

Glad I was able to help.....
    Glad it worked out for you, my wife still thinks that's what caused her brothers death. He was beginning to improve when he got the remdisiver and died 24 hours after the shot.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Glad it worked out for you, my wife still thinks that's what caused her brothers death. He was beginning to improve when he got the remdisiver and died 24 hours after the shot.
    Damn. Very sorry to hear that. I'm not saying it worked for me, as I don't think I had overly bad symptoms, mainly just a little hard breathing due to COPD. The whole time the drs. and nurses were commenting how how high my blood O2 levels remained, and after 6 days of Remdesivir shots, they released me saying there wansn't any more reason for me to be in hospital.

I didn't argue....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Now that I'm over this COVID crap, ( been cleared by the hospital, the county, and my doctor)I have to work on gaining back all that I lost when I had it.

The results of the symptoms last much longer than the disease, itself.

The main problem is that the Chinese Flu saps almost all of your strength. According to the nurse I had, she told me that the virus directly takes sugar from what you eat and drink, and indirectly, takes sugar from the body. This leaves you with super low energy levels to draw on. If you're not very healthy, I can see where your life would be in real danger. I'm guessing a lot of people die just from losing their evergy levels.

So far, when I came back home, I was only able to walk about 2 miles/day for the first few days. Now, I'm up to 6/day. It's super hard to keep going some days, but I'm determined to get my energy levels back to normal.

My cough is slowly going away (which is good).

It seems that getting over the flu was much easier than getting over the sapped energy levels.

Damn, this whole thing sucks.....

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

We're all glad you pulled through.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    We're all glad you pulled through.
    Thanks.

Freedom isn't free.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Hell, 6 miles is a good hike. You're doing well. Very glad to hear it.

"6 miles"? That's more than I can do so good for you!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

If yours goes like mine did expect some days to be better than others, and you will know a bad day because it starts that way, you wake up with it. Think I got hit around April 4th, and it took a month or so for the dizziness to go away more or less permanently. As my work has me drenched with sweat for hours on end I feel that helped oxygenate the blood and get rid of toxins by increased circulation, read some drs are saying hard exercise is exactly what's needed, if you can find the energy and dizzines allows. Not only does the dust wreck tissue by replication of the virus, it alters the blood cells ability to carry o2 as in greatly attenuating it, likely the most damning aspect to it all and the main reason for the fatigue and dizziness. Some weapon huh.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    If yours goes like mine did expect some days to be better than others, and you will know a bad day because it starts that way, you wake up with it. Think I got hit around April 4th, and it took a month or so for the dizziness to go away more or less permanently. As my work has me drenched with sweat for hours on end I feel that helped oxygenate the blood and get rid of toxins by increased circulation, read some drs are saying hard exercise is exactly what's needed, if you can find the energy and dizzines allows. Not only does the dust wreck tissue by replication of the virus, it alters the blood cells ability to carry o2 as in greatly attenuating it, likely the most damning aspect to it all and the main reason for the fatigue and dizziness. Some weapon huh.
    Designed to debilitate....and it lives up to its design.

The heat is what makes breathing worse. I have COPD, but never really noticed it while I was teaching as I was walking an average of 8-12 miles a day. Now that I'm retired, I don't walk as much and notice that breathing is much harder, but I'm going to keep pushing through it unti I get back to about 8 miles a day (that's my goal). Still have 2 more to work up to.

I'm on week 3 where I'm walking 30 times around my driveway (10 trips around equals 1 trip around the big circular road in our develoment). Next week, I'm increasing it to 40/day. The week after, 50, until I reach about 100 and then we'll see where that takes me.

The main problem is having no evergy. Sometimes it's rough deciding whether it's worth taking a certain step or not. You ,definately, study your route before you take it.

I'll get there...just gonna take some time.

Freedom isn't free.

Damn. Just got released from 2nd stay in hospital yesterday. I was admitted last Saturday with severe muscle cramps in my hands and legs.

Blood work showed all my electrolyte levels were almost depleted, especially my sodium levels, which was the primary cause of my cramping.

It seems the COVID 19 really wracks the body when it leaves. It took 5 days to buiild them all back up with a constant IV drip and multiple pills, injections, etc.

However, what really messed me up, is they gave me 2 treatments of Magnesium in IV form. This sent my BP through the roof, and left my body swollen from the waist down. I normally wear a size 10 shoe, but a 13 won't even fit my feet now.

Gotta work all this crap off now.

So far, it seems like I've spent much of my summer in isolation in the hospital because of COVID 19 and the damned side effects it causes.

I hope I'm finally done with COVID and hospitals, etc. It'll be nice just to be home doing honey-do projects.

As I"ve said before, the COVID 19 wasn't that bad, but what it does to your body can be devastating and take a long while to get over.

I guess I've got about 8 weeks more of building things back up before I start feeling and acting normal again....

This sucks!

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

That's terrible, my son had a co-worker with diabetes who caught it on a family vacation to disneyland. He was flat on his ass for 2 weeks and felt like he was going to die. He said it took him about 4 weeks to regain his strength.

Prayers for your full and total recovery

Damn dude that does suck
    Sounds like you were maybe pushing to hard to get your game back
    Might want to try short walks next time
    Either way well wishes for ya
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Thanks, guys. I have no choice but to start over very slowly now. I have almost 0 energy and maybe 5% stamina. I'm definitely gonna be moving very slowly for a while.

The biggest setback right now, are my swollen feet. It is uncomfortable walking anywhere. Gonna keep them elevated and take warm baths at night. That does feel good.

I'll get there.....

Freedom isn't free.

Thanks, guys. I have no choice but to start over very slowly now. I have almost 0 energy and maybe 5% stamina. I'm definitely gonna be moving very slowly for a while.

The biggest setback right now, are my swollen feet. It is uncomfortable walking anywhere. Gonna keep them elevated and take warm baths at night. That does feel good.

I'll get there.....
    Ali,

if you don't mind saying how old are you and what is your general state of health?

Don't feel bad if you want to say it's none of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Ali,

if you don't mind saying how old are you and what is your general state of health?

Don't feel bad if you want to say it's none of our business.
    70 years young. I've had COPD for years but never noticed any effects of that while I was teaching. It's only after I retired and slowed down a little that I started noticing it. However, I've been trying to work back to a more normal activity rate I had while teaching.

I'll get there, but this COVID crap has taken the wind out of my sails right now.

Freedom isn't free.

70 years young. I've had COPD for years but never noticed any effects of that while I was teaching. It's only after I retired and slowed down a little that I started noticing it. However, I've been trying to work back to a more normal activity rate I had while teaching.

I'll get there, but this COVID crap has taken the wind out of my sails right now.

I'm a complete layperson when it comes to medicine but it seems strange to me how varied the effects are depending on age and I guess luck. I know the flu is riskier for older people but when I got it it still kicked my ass. It doesn't seem normal that a lot of people, especially younger people, don't even get stick enough to notice.

I'm a complete layperson when it comes to medicine but it seems strange to me how varied the effects are depending on age and I guess luck. I know the flu is riskier for older people but when I got it it still kicked my ass. It doesn't seem normal that a lot of people, especially younger people, don't even get stick enough to notice.
    Like I said, the COVID, itself, didn't affect me much while I had it. The treatment was far worse than the virus, but the after effects of it when it leaves, can be pretty devastating....especially, if you don't have any reserves built up before you catch it.

The nurses said that, even though I was having trouble with some of the side effects, they said I was in far better shape than most of the others on the same floor. They said that some of them couldn't go through what I was gong through.

So, I guess, I was still lucky that I had some kind of reserves bulit up.

Freedom isn't free.

My wife and I are younger (late 30's early 40's) and had a strange cold that was fairly drawn out earlier in the year. We have wondered for months if that was COVID but the anti-body test is $150 and I am not that curious.

1) My regards to alismith for a speedy recovery.

2) The COVID did have a deleterious effect on Alismith due to his COPD. "Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease" is a serious precondition to have when facing a virus that attacks the lungs in the first place. COPD is considered an extreme high risk CO morbidity when it comes to being at risk with COVID. Thank God Alismith is okay, COPD sufferers have this ticking timebomb that puts them at extreme risk. Those are the people I Support in taking extreme caution when interacting with others. I'm lucky. I have no health issues, strong lungs, strong heart, strong immune system, so I'm not at risk, but I'm VERY understanding of those who have pre-existing conditions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast