Thread: 9th Circuit Panel Strikes Down California ‘High Capacity’ Magazine Ban

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post 9th Circuit Panel Strikes Down California ‘High Capacity’ Magazine Ban

After today, it's all historical.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

This is frickin HUGE!

It should also be posted in general for the eyeballs.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I love it, but I've got the nagging feeling that something is wrong with this verdict. I can't imagine a bunch of brain-numbed Liberals coming to this conclusion.....I'm trying to see if there's anything behind the curtain....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Don't forget that Trump has appointed over 300 judges.

The 9th Circus has been transformed.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Heard that and the first thing that came to mind is Trump judges are doing their job!!! Great news, and a really good step in restoring rights.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Heard that and the first thing that came to mind is Trump judges are doing their job!!! Great news, and a really good step in restoring rights.
    Now we really need to get rid of the fucking roster.

I don't think non-Californians really appreciate how bad it is.

No new handguns have been added since the microstamping requirements went into affect and models drop off all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I love it, but I've got the nagging feeling that something is wrong with this verdict. I can't imagine a bunch of brain-numbed Liberals coming to this conclusion.....I'm trying to see if there's anything behind the curtain....
    You're using old data regarding the 9th Circuit COURT. TRUMP has appointed a ton of judges and he essentially FLIPPED the 9th with new appointments! GO TRUMP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Now we really need to get rid of the fucking roster.

I don't think non-Californians really appreciate how bad it is.

No new handguns have been added since the microstamping requirements went into affect and models drop off all of the time.
    Also they're pushing another bill that "for every new handgun approved to the 'for sale list' you MUST REMOVE TWO models approved for sale". WTH? What purpose is that rule? Other than a big FUCK YOU to the California gun owners.

But apart from guns. There is going to be a political shift in this country. I think

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    You're using old data regarding the 9th Circuit COURT. TRUMP has appointed a ton of judges and he essentially FLIPPED the 9th with new appointments! GO TRUMP!!!!!
    You're right. I haven't heard anything about Trump replacing judges out there, but I'm damned glad he did. Sounds like it's starting to bear a little fruit now.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Also they're pushing another bill that "for every new handgun approved to the 'for sale list' you MUST REMOVE TWO models approved for sale". WTH? What purpose is that rule? Other than a big FUCK YOU to the California gun owners.

But apart from guns. There is going to be a political shift in this country. I think

Hipefully, the 9th Circuit will see this as nothing more than a punitive measure against lawful gun owners and rule accordingly.

Freedom isn't free.

So for autos, I think it has been since 2013 that no new autos have been added to the list. Revolvers seem to be exempt from the microstamping requirement as the newer colt and kimber double action revolvers are on the list.

If this went through, who decides whose guns on the list get removed? That sounds pretty shitty. I think the real result would be that it would be frozen even further than it is now (no new DA revolvers) and slowly dwindles due to manufactures making models obsolete or neglecting to renew.

Saw this on the new and I knew you'd be happy about it.

The Trump judge appointments will be felt in this country for a long long time.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Well, it's not technically 'over'. Companies offering to sell HIGH CAPs were a little premature.

The "Stay" on the opening up of the CA market for High Caps was instituted in such a way that the 'STAY' continues to be in place until the decision is 100% done. The 9th Circuit Court has a process where all of their decisions are subject to review. So it's technically NOT a done deal. Also the Fascists in CALIFORNIA could appeal to SCOTUS. As long as the process is not formally CLOSED, the 'rule that we cannot buy' will not be lifted. But when this is confirmed (and I'm pretty sure it will.) Then it's swinging the doors WIDE OPEN for CA High cap sales. I'm thinking that because it's a FEDERAL court ruling, all the states which restricted high cap magazines will find their own LAWS being sued immediately. I don't put anything BEYOND the DEMOCRATS as far as cheating, but I'm openly forecasting that all the HIGH CAP mag bans in the USA (maryland, New Jersey, Conn., MA, Colorado, Hawaii, New York, etc) will be HISTORY.

Well, it's not technically 'over'. Companies offering to sell HIGH CAPs were a little premature.

The "Stay" on the opening up of the CA market for High Caps was instituted in such a way that the 'STAY' continues to be in place until the decision is 100% done. The 9th Circuit Court has a process where all of their decisions are subject to review. So it's technically NOT a done deal. Also the Fascists in CALIFORNIA could appeal to SCOTUS. As long as the process is not formally CLOSED, the 'rule that we cannot buy' will not be lifted. But when this is confirmed (and I'm pretty sure it will.) Then it's swinging the doors WIDE OPEN for CA High cap sales. I'm thinking that because it's a FEDERAL court ruling, all the states which restricted high cap magazines will find their own LAWS being sued immediately. I don't put anything BEYOND the DEMOCRATS as far as cheating, but I'm openly forecasting that all the HIGH CAP mag bans in the USA (maryland, New Jersey, Conn., MA, Colorado, Hawaii, New York, etc) will be HISTORY.
    I hope so. It's a real bitch going out of state to buy a decent mag.

Freedom isn't free.

I saw the threads all over calguns and understand that this is how our legal process works. However, we have a constitutional right via the 2nd amendment that now the federal 9th circuit court has found a California law to be in violation of. Isn't the state open to lawsuits if they continue to enforce the law found to be in violation of the constitution?

Imagine if this were a voting issue and the state was depriving people of their right to vote and a federal court found the state was in violation of the constitution but the state continued to enforce their law anyway?

I keep hearing that 9th circuit decisions only apply to states within their jurisdiction but their might be legal precedent for cases outside of that? Maybe they have to sue within those circuits?? I am not a lawyer so I am more or less ignorant on this topic.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I hope so for your sake and everyone in those communist dens. MN is headed that way, we only have a few holding the nonsense back in our legislature. I dread the day the Democrats gain another seat on Scotus, that will be the end of the individual right.

What worries me is if/when the CA AG asks for an en banc ruling from the full 9 judges of the 9th. Will they uphold, throw it back to the lower court, or kill it outright? Then, if EITHER side appeals to the SC, will they take it? Do the "grabbers" even want to take the risk that the SC does take the case as that could have national implications? As it stands now, it only affects 7-8 states and Guam.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”