Thread: Gun store report...updated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Gun store report...updated

I stopped by The Outpost a couple hours ago. Ammo pretty thin except for 7.62. I bought a 500rd xase for 159.00. There was no 5.56 except some really expensive stuff.
    I also bought a 20rd box of .303. It was 25.99.
    As for guns, geez, only the expensive remain. Got 2,500.00 or more? You're in luck. Even cheap pistols were nearly all gone. No Glocks. None
    A few Fudd guns, but not very many.
    This is a very strong guns store that is great at keeping inventory even during lean times.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Most gun stores around here, don't have much, if any, inventory left on the shelves, except for a few hunting rifles. No new guns, of any kind, are coming in. No new ammo, either.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Honestly, it's crazy to see this place this empty. This is Ronnie Barrett's old store. His buddy bought it. It's a few hundred feet from his rifle factory there by exit 89 on I-24.
    They get pallets of ammo (the Barrett factory gets 10 or 12 pallets at a time) .I've delivered there before. If they have trouble getting ammo and guns, it's bad.

I just got an e-mail from cheaper than dirt, they have 9mm in stock, winchester 115 gr FMJ for the ultra low price of 59.89 for a box of 50

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I just got an e-mail from cheaper than dirt, they have 9mm in stock, winchester 115 gr FMJ for the ultra low price of 59.89 for a box of 50
    Wow. Remember when .50 BMG was a dollar per round and regular stuff (9, 45, 5.56, 7.62 etc..) was something like $0.20 per round?

If I knew what was going to happen to the prices, I would have bought cases and cases of each caliber I use.

Today, I barely have enough to make one trip to the range (I consider the last case of each caliber "untouchable" and only use what I have above and beyond that minimum).

I could easily piss away $1000.00 worth of ammo on a good Saturday at the range. It's hard to justify that to my wife, and "buy now, apologize later" doesn't work very well anymore...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Wow. Remember when .50 BMG was a dollar per round and regular stuff (9, 45, 5.56, 7.62 etc..) was something like $0.20 per round?

If I knew what was going to happen to the prices, I would have bought cases and cases of each caliber I use.

Today, I barely have enough to make one trip to the range (I consider the last case of each caliber "untouchable" and only use what I have above and beyond that minimum).

I could easily piss away $1000.00 worth of ammo on a good Saturday at the range. It's hard to justify that to my wife, and "buy now, apologize later" doesn't work very well anymore...
    That's why muzzleloaders are great to shoot during times of ammo shortages. If I spent all day shooting a muzzleloader, there's no way I'd ever be able to come close to shooting $1,000 of ammo. I'd be lucky to hit, maybe, $25 in lead, powder, and caps. It takes about 3 -5 minutes to reload each shot, then after about 8-10 shots, the barrel has to be swabbed and dried, then you can start to shoot again.

All in all, a great afternoon would be shooting maybe 35 to 50 shots, then cleaning up and heading home to thoroughly clean and dry the firearm, then lightly oil it, then wipe it dry again, and then put it up until next time.

Much of the day shooting BP is spent cleaning the firearm and making sure it's able to function. Shooting, itself, doesn't account for much time.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars