Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like to encourage you to abandon FARCEBOOK

Like to encourage you to abandon FARCEBOOK

Those who know me on Facebook and some here understand I am dedicated to bringing down the progressive left agenda of no guns, limited freedom, higher taxes and socialized medicine. To that end I used facebook and accumulated 4700 friends that shared a lot of my attitude. Given that level of sharing and them sharing and those people sharing, a lot got passed around but Fb has started censoring anything conservative in nature. In the past 2 weeks 8 of my friends were banned for 30-60 days for posting anti leftist, anti antifa and anti progressive, and in one case for calling someone a dumbass. I on the other hand did not get any warning, no 30 days ban for me, they shut my account down permenantly. While I have some sour grapes going on about it due in part to losing 15 years of pictures,videos and contacts, I also knew it was time to find another platform. I tried Mewe, Parlour, twitter but none of them seem to fit. I was about to give up when I heard about USA.LIFE. For FB users its a no brainer and is a very close replication of the FB platform so the learning curve is short.

Everyday I hear about more groups like OFF, Patriot Prayer and other conservative or gun groups being shut down by the Zuckerfucker yet Antifa still has their pages up. Zuckershit also sells all your conversations to the highest bidder which is why you might have a private message with a friend about yoyo's and magically you get yoyo ads for the next 2 weeks in every on-line source you use. Its time to move on to a social media group that will never censor. While I like Gunsnet, the reach is for like minded limited audience gun people. I have no financial interest in usa.life should you wonder.

So, I started another fb page under a fake name and encouraging all my friends and whoever I can to quit funding a leftist markist privacy peddler and get some of your privacy back in your everyday communication with friends and family. Happy trails and count me as a friend there. https://usa.life/

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Thanks, Just might do that, sick of the censoring and bias myself.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I will take a look, but the good thing about FB is that I can put out information people are not getting elsewhere, or is there but is trying to be hidden. I don't need to convince people who think like me that my opinions are sound, it is the "moderates" who need to be reminded that conservatives are not hateful, violent people, but liberals and progressives who have those traits. It is ANTIFA who is using Fascist, Nazi, and Communist political tactics to stifle debate and scare people into submission to their goals and policies. It is hard, but leaving a place where moderates gather to speak to conservatives doesn't seem to bridge any gaps.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Not to pat myself on the back but I was smart enough to never join ANY social media sites.

Why on earth a person would want to put private information and their picture and pictures of family and friends online is a mystery to me.

I have used it like many as a media outlet, sharing events, information and ideas. More and better quality news there than any news channels. News breaks there first in most cases. USA.life is looking pretty comparable for getting stories out yu wont see elsewhere.

GN is the only place I've signed up on
    Facebook stocks have done well for me but I'm slowing get out of it using profits toward other things

This might have potential but so far I haven't been able to get in to check it out

https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...-something-new

I've registered but haven't been accepted.
    Maybe still be a work in progress
    Anyone else get in?
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    I have used it like many as a media outlet, sharing events, information and ideas. More and better quality news there than any news channels. News breaks there first in most cases. USA.life is looking pretty comparable for getting stories out yu wont see elsewhere.
    Hope it gets better. The interface looks great. But the audience is just so limited. With the overt emphasis on Christianity (which is a persecuted group right now), it won't attract the masses of the 'normies' (aka the unaffiliated folks who aren't paying attention). It's a good place to post stuff without the risk of being censored by a Silicon Valley Liberal in an office somewhere, but without the userbase, it won't really spread the news. They will have to attract far more people, including folks who aren't that dedicated on patriotic stuff or religious stuff, (but who aren't censoring douchbags) in order to create a large platform.

But having a place to post what you want (even a small one that few folks visit) is better than nothing.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

in was in and out, in less than 1 week. friend requests from people i never heard of, no control of who sees what, looked like a recipe for trouble. and, that was before it became a political arm of the left. to hell with suckerberg.

I'm not on Farcebook. Was only once during the GNS shutdown years ago.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

pee pee poo poo

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

So if they're banning and censoring right-wing groups to silence our message wouldn't abandoning it be just what they want???
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    So if they're banning and censoring right-wing groups to silence our message wouldn't abandoning it be just what they want???
    Yes, which is why I don't leave.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Signed up

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    Signed up
    Where GunsNet Social ?
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Yes, which is why I don't leave.
    Same here.

The more of us there are the harder it will be to silence us all....FB is very high traffic and not something we can afford to "abandon" to the libtards.

The powers that be are clearly lefties and want us silenced or to leave altogether, thus the bans and suspensions and BS "fact" checkers, they know the power and reach of what they have and want us out.

Don't give up just because they're making it hard for us to be heard....that's what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by dfariswheel View Post
    Not to pat myself on the back but I was smart enough to never join ANY social media sites.

Why on earth a person would want to put private information and their picture and pictures of family and friends online is a mystery to me.
    Ditto !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

So do you guys at least have flip phones or still just use the trusty ol' landline???

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

So do you guys at least have flip phones or still just use the trusty ol' landline???
    My kids get a real chuckle out of the fact we still have a land line, same Phone# for 45 years....we're so Old Fashioned.

Yep. A 4G folder with a LL at home. The LL is how I get DSL from AT&T. The problem is that I'm so far out, I'm lucky to get 1mbps.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast