Thread: The General-Purpose Handgun: One Concept to Consider

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post The General-Purpose Handgun: One Concept to Consider

After today, it's all historical.

I’ve always thought that a .357 is the best all around handgun and ammo combination. Flexibility of ammo, capable self defense weapon and capable hunting weapon. My difference is in choice of gun. I prefer the S&W 66.

Agreed Viking.
    That is part of the reason I have a GP-100 and a Marlin 1894 lever-action.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Agreed Viking.
    That is part of the reason I have a GP-100 and a Marlin 1894 lever-action.
    Good choices JT. I had a security six years ago that I sold to a friend. No longer have the friend or the gun! I’m not actively looking, but if I happened across a lever action .357 at a fair price I’d jump on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    Good choices JT. I had a security six years ago that I sold to a friend. No longer have the friend or the gun! I’m not actively looking, but if I happened across a lever action .357 at a fair price I’d jump on it!
    The 1894 was purchased from a fellow in Colorado via Gunbroker. With tax, transfer, & shipping fees, the gun, made ~1996 and a "JM" stamped gun, cost a little over $800 three years ago. And I had been looking for two years before that after getting the GP-100 in 2012.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”