Thread: Email spammed last night!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Email spammed last night!

Anybody else get emailed spammed between like 11:51 P.M.-11:57 P.M.? It was very weird I had like 3-400 spam emails during that period on one of my email accounts. Places and "companies" I never heard of.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Never got that many in such a short length of time!

This past summer I got a new desktop, and with it came a bunch of spam. With my old computer and it's protection, I might get one spam email a week, but when I moved to the new one my email is spam city. It is funny that on some days I don't get any, and the next they come in droves. I managed to bring my old protection to the new PC but it seems like just the set up time was enough to allow spammers in the door.

Twenty years ago, the email address at Yahoo that I have been using since 1996 got between 50 & 200 spams a day. Per day.
    Between their algorithms getting better and less email spam, that account gets less than 10/day now.
    I have not seen any new uptick in numbers like the OP mentions.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”