Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you guys ever scored a deal on ANY Auction site?

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    have you tried armslist and gunsamerica?

I think some shops will also sell for you on consignment or even take your gun to a gun show but their take is probably too steep to be worth it.

Yea I remember growing up in CA where you could sell guns in the newspaper out of your house (as long as it wasnt a business)

I already mentioned that I can't find a transfer dealer. The few that exist within a 100 miles are so slammed that I have to make an appointment months in advance. Also the STORES won't do transfers any more (well until they can get a handle on all the WALK IN traffic that's choking the stores for hours). Also Gun stores want to take TOO big of a cut now for consignment guns. I'm not letting them take 50% of the sale (which they're doing now).

Ahh, The situation is a little different around here; I have a guy with an FFL down the street who usually forgets to charge me a fee.

I could be wrong but I thought only the buyer needed the FFL.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Ahh, The situation is a little different around here; I have a guy with an FFL down the street who usually forgets to charge me a fee.

I could be wrong but I thought only the buyer needed the FFL.
    Sure the buyer can pick it up if they're an FFL or have one. But most of the 'panicked new buyers' who will pay FAR MORE than MSRP, are not gun people. They don't know where to get a transfer FFL. And I usually have Transfer FFLs WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE, but there aren't any right now. No one will drive FOUR HOURS one way to transfer a random gun. And I won't do it. I need to be there to transfer the gun.Sure I did that when I tracked down a rare rifle I've been looking for decades, but not Joe Blow New Gun Owner. All the guys close by are unavailable This is all by design, per California politicians banning all Kitchen dealers and limiting gun stores with COVID restrictions.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I've never even scored at a bar.....I take that back, I scored some good deals in military vehicles M931A2($3100), M923($2100), M923A2($3200), M35A3($5300) and a M936A2($6000) back when Govliquidation auctioned off the military rolling stock. Also a decent deal on a Humvee M1038 for 11K on govplanet.com when they took over the contract.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 09-25-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12