Thread: Gun insurance? Where's the best and cheapest?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Gun insurance? Where's the best and cheapest?

I found out today my gun insurance is being non renewed(and I can guess why, I don't live too far from the "mostly peaceful" protests that burnt down half of Minneapolis). I have a feeling a lot of gunowners in a lot of states are going to be seeing this as insurance companies are taking gigantic losses due to the terrorists masquerading as BLM, Antifa, and "peaceful" democrats.
    What insurance companies have you found to insure your collections without listing your serial numbers at a decent price? I had a policy through Travelers.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I have $10,000 in personal property loss on my homeowners policy that can be used to replace firearms, not enough but i have good neighbors and home security so i'll gamble that nothing ever happens.

I asked my agent once how i could properly insure my collection, he said i would have to photograph and record serial #s, didn't want to do that

I have recently purchased gun insurance of a sort....in case i have to use my gun for self defense (which seems more likely now than ever) there is a group of lawyers here with many years of gun rights litigation who i have have on retainer. It cost $100 to sign up and $25 a month, it seemed worth while to have an experienced lawyer to call just in case
    Last edited by davepool; 09-22-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I have $10,000 in personal property loss on my homeowners policy that can be used to replace firearms, not enough but i have good neighbors and home security so i'll gamble that nothing ever happens.

I asked my agent once how i could properly insure my collection, he said i would have to photograph and record serial #s, didn't want to do that

I have recently purchased gun insurance of a sort....in case i have to use my gun for self defense (which seems more likely now than ever) there is a group of lawyers here with many years of gun rights litigation who i have have on retainer. It cost $100 to sign up and $25 a month, it seemed worth while to have an experienced lawyer to call just in case
    Yeah that's why I didn't go with my homeowners insurance for guns either, they wanted serial numbers, photos. I had my insurance through Core vens, who had it through Travelers. Just heard from Core vens today that they will have another insurance company writing policies about the same cost ect. The only itemized guns IIRC on my policy were any valued at 5K or more(my machinegun for example). You might want to check it out. https://corevensguninsurance.com/ https://corevensguninsurance.com/firearms-collectors