Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: So Trump nominated Amy Coney Barrett to the SCOTUS! Woo hoo!

  1. #1
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,410

    So Trump nominated Amy Coney Barrett to the SCOTUS! Woo hoo!

    Now I don't know her record, but I've read a lot about her and people say she's STRONG on Second Amendment Rights. That to me, is the most important thing right now. If there is any SINGLE ISSUE that I can say I vote for, it's RKBA. I can wait for other justices to retire but GUN rights is seriously being threatened right now. If Biden gets into office, heaven help us.

    So let's drink a congratulatory drink to getting ANOTHER pro gun Justice to SCOTUS!


  2. #2
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,242
    To Amy and Trump! Maybe the court will start taking 2nd amendment cases now that Roberts will be over ruled.

  3. #3
    Senior Member NAPOTS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    3,496
    remember how we have been hearing how there is no difference between democrats and republicans and it doesn't matter?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Full Otto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,735
    SCOTUS Rapid Response Action Guide
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...o0/mobilebasic
    This is a guide to support and empower people who are ready to fight back this weekend when President Trump names a SCOTUS nominee and attempts to fill Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat before the inauguration. We will be having a distributed day of action this Sunday, Sept 27 at 2pm local time. This guide will provide a roadmap for taking action, and ensure your actions align with actions across the country so that together, we can be a powerful united force for justice.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

  5. #5
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    remember how we have been hearing how there is no difference between democrats and republicans and it doesn't matter?
    I'll be charitable and say those idiots who said that Republicans and Democrats were identical, were referring to the OLD time establishment Republicans who were RINOS. Criticism of them was fair. But anyone who thinks that the GOP and the CRAZY DEMS are the same now, are living in the past. Republicans are the ONLY party standing in the way of the destruction of our way of life. Period.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    To Amy and Trump! Maybe the court will start taking 2nd amendment cases now that Roberts will be over ruled.
    Tha's been the plan for years. We had a 50/50 chance of SCOTUS ruling against us, which would have been a disaster (with Roberts as the deciding vote). I fully expect the flood gates to open as people push their pro gun cases to SCOTUS if Barrett gets in.

  7. #7
    Senior Member NAPOTS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    3,496
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I'll be charitable and say those idiots who said that Republicans and Democrats were identical, were referring to the OLD time establishment Republicans who were RINOS. Criticism of them was fair. But anyone who thinks that the GOP and the CRAZY DEMS are the same now, are living in the past. Republicans are the ONLY party standing in the way of the destruction of our way of life. Period.
    Agree 100% and these are the same establishment never trumpers who hate the guy because he isn't one of the good old boys who plays along.

    I don't have any use for rinos like that

  8. #8
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,242
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Tha's been the plan for years. We had a 50/50 chance of SCOTUS ruling against us, which would have been a disaster (with Roberts as the deciding vote). I fully expect the flood gates to open as people push their pro gun cases to SCOTUS if Barrett gets in.
    It's sad, Roberts was good up until the Obamacare fiasco. Someone is black mailing him or he lost his marbles. IIRC wasn't he around for the two major cases that recognized the 2nd as a fundamental personal right? Something happened with the muzzy in chief using the FBI, CIA, NSA ect.

  9. #9
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    15,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    SCOTUS Rapid Response Action Guide
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...o0/mobilebasic
    This is a guide to support and empower people who are ready to fight back this weekend when President Trump names a SCOTUS nominee and attempts to fill Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat before the inauguration. We will be having a distributed day of action this Sunday, Sept 27 at 2pm local time. This guide will provide a roadmap for taking action, and ensure your actions align with actions across the country so that together, we can be a powerful united force for justice.
    Democraps... you can smell their fear...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

  10. #10
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,516
    Man, it is a s@#t show in discussions of her amongst libs. There is a YouTube video in which black folks are calling her blue eyed devil etc...
    One dumb twat said "she looks prejudice. "
    Ponder that statement for a bit.

  11. #11
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Back in the Pacific Northwest!
    Posts
    8,039
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    remember how we have been hearing how there is no difference between democrats and republicans and it doesn't matter?
    Exactly. There is a huge divide with a couple of small intersections, but they are definitely not the same.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

    "HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

    I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

    Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

    NRA Endowment Member

  12. #12
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,410
    THIS is the decision making process of a woman I want on the Supreme Court!!!!!!!!!

    Rickey I. Kanter pleaded guilty to one count of federal mail fraud for falsely representing that his company’s therapeutic shoe inserts were Medicare-approved and for billing Medicare on that basis.

    So Rickey Kanter became a non violent felon because of this (falsely representing that his shoe inserts were Medicare Approved via a mail flyer).

    (but) As a convicted felon, he was categorically prohibited by federal law and Wisconsin law from possessing a firearm. Kanter argued that the Second Amendment did not allow those laws to be applied against him, (but) the panel majority rejected his claim.

    re: Amy Coney Barrett

    Based on her extensive marshalling and analysis of the historical evidence, Judge Barrett concludes that the Second Amendment leaves legislatures the power to prohibit dangerous people from possessing guns but that (all) felons do not lose their Second Amendment rights solely because of their status as felons. The federal government and the state of Wisconsin failed to show that disarming all nonviolent felons is carefully tailored to the goal of protecting public safety, nor did they show that mail fraud is substantially related to violent behavior.

    Barrett argued that the state "also failed to demonstrate that anything else in Kanter’s history or characteristics made him likely to misuse firearms. Therefore, they could not bar him from possessing a firearm."

  13. #13
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    15,149
    Willing to keep an open mind about her but whenever you see a hyphenated last name know you might be dealing with feminazi level bs. Apparently she is antagonistic to the 2nd amendment.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  14. #14
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,242
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Willing to keep an open mind about her but whenever you see a hyphenated last name know you might be dealing with feminazi level bs. Apparently she is antagonistic to the 2nd amendment.
    How do you get that? Antagonistic to the 2nd? Everything says the complete opposite.

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    15,149
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    How do you get that? Antagonistic to the 2nd? Everything says the complete opposite.
    something i read earlier, will have to look for it and cutnpaste for ya
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  16. #16
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,738
    Please do so Nato. It will be interesting to see the source of such information.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  17. #17
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Please do so Nato. It will be interesting to see the source of such information.
    I'll be waiting too. NATO may have misread something. It happens. But everything I've read (and I've been doing A LOT OF READING) regarding ACB is that she's very PRO gun. All of the legal scholars and gun rights channels on youtube are all saying the same thing. National Review, The Daily Wire, the Daily Caller, even Politico (which is usually garbage) have called her a victory for Second Amendment Advocates.

    Are you sure you're just not seeing the litany of SMEARJOBS that the Democrats and their lap dog MEDIA are doing and will continue doing until Election day? Man I can't stand the lying Democrats any more.

  18. #18
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Apparently she is antagonistic to the 2nd amendment.
    Well the Liberal Media thinks otherwise


  19. #19
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    15,149
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Well the Liberal Media thinks otherwise

    saw that, this is good news
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  20. #20
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    15,149
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Please do so Nato. It will be interesting to see the source of such information.
    Any Trump SCOTUS Pick Should Not Have Argued Against Second Amendment
    At this writing, President Trump is preparing to announce a Supreme Court nomination to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The pundits and talking heads are speculating that his choice will be a woman, and that likely top candidates will be U.S. Circuit judges Amy Coney Barrett and Barbara Lagoa.
    https://www.firearmsnews.com/editori...endment/384714

    had the names mixed up, its the wise latina II that was under consideration who hates the 2nd
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •