Thread: Have any of you heard of this jewel?

Angry Have any of you heard of this jewel?

It's a long read, but you should be aware. A local talk show host, here in Atlanta,
    Neal Boortz has been speaking of this over the last couple of days.

http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2010/07...-about-10.html
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Sigh. Not really surprised. First I've heard of it.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Time for some civil disobedience. Let's just not do it.

This thing is too crazy to actually pass... its like the time they said there was a proposed bill to have you report your firearms on your tax returns.

The above will never happen... there's probably a little truth to its proposal, but it will never pass. And if it did, there'd be no way to enforce it... can you imagine the major cluster flack it'd make? The IRS would need to double in size of man power just to process all this crap.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Yeah, I was reading about this the other day on a different source. The Dems seem convinced that small business is evil and must be eradicated at all cost.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

This is the prelude to the VAT.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    This is the prelude to the VAT.

..........and the Founders went to war over a mere tea tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    This thing is too crazy to actually pass... its like the time they said there was a proposed bill to have you report your firearms on your tax returns.

The above will never happen... there's probably a little truth to its proposal, but it will never pass. And if it did, there'd be no way to enforce it... can you imagine the major cluster flack it'd make? The IRS would need to double in size of man power just to process all this crap.
    But it DID pass. Failure to comply is punishable through the IRS and all their loving attention.

Just read an article on this regarding gold. Jewlers will have to 1099 any purchase of over 600 dollars. That will be 20,000 to 30,000 forms for a typical jewlrey shop. That equals about 2 full time employes to do the additional work! And if they do not comply the IRS will (and I mean WILL) come down on them like a hammer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/gold-...ry?id=11211611
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Time for some civil disobedience. Let's just not do it.
    Better yet, lets all claim 11 exemptions on our w2's and then not pay the bill at the end of the tax year.

Now that'd be civil dissobedience.

And ask the same question as Neil: when do we take the pitchforks to our tormentors in DC?
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

If we all quit paying taxes for a year, you wouldn't need a pitchfork. They'd all starve to death or loose interest and find real work.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    But it DID pass. Failure to comply is punishable through the IRS and all their loving attention.

Just read an article on this regarding gold. Jewlers will have to 1099 any purchase of over 600 dollars. That will be 20,000 to 30,000 forms for a typical jewlrey shop. That equals about 2 full time employes to do the additional work! And if they do not comply the IRS will (and I mean WILL) come down on them like a hammer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/gold-...ry?id=11211611
    The IRS already came out saying they have no way to enforce it (that is until Obambam institutes his rainbow shirts force), still, absolute insanity!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post

People said the same thing when the IRS arbitrarily decided that ALL US citizens have to pay Uncle Sam, regardless of whether or not they were actual residents of the country. It took them 30 years and some work, but now we have FBAR and it's pretty much impossible for a US Passport holder to get a bank account in Switzerland.

I would be very careful about what I said "could never happen" when it comes to taxation.

Look at it from a Democrat point of view.

1. It expands Federal Power by requiring more IRS agents and gives them access to more personal financial information
    2. It expands the number of Federal Employees, thus expanding the number of people not generating actual wealth and dependent on the success of the Government.
    3. It gives the Government even more power to monitor and interfere with private individuals and corporations.

For Democrats, and Big Gov Rinos, this is a "win/win".
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.