Thread: Took My 1911 To The Range

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Took My 1911 To The Range

Went to the range today and got to shoot my Springfield GI issue for the first time in about 2 years. I fired at this target 25 times at 15 yards. I slowly crept into the center. I put up a special target just to post for the competition, but I had to throw it away. Either I hit it twice, or I put 5 rounds through 2 holes!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post

Went to the range today and got to shoot my Springfield GI issue for the first time in about 2 years. I fired at this target 25 times at 15 yards. I slowly crept into the center. I put up a special target just to post for the competition, but I had to throw it away. Either I hit it twice, or I put 5 rounds through 2 holes!
    You'd make a lousy fisherman. Tell everyone you put five rounds through two holes and that you have proof by showing that target. Sheesh!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    You'd make a lousy fisherman. Tell everyone you put five rounds through two holes and that you have proof by showing that target. Sheesh!
    In my defense, it was a much smaller target. One of those 50 yard small bore rifle targets. I will take your advice next time though. Oh yeah, I am also a lousy fisherman. I generally refer to my fishing pole as an auxiliary fish feeding device.

I'm just a city boy that wanted to grow up in the country.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member