Thread: Peaceful Transition of Power

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Peaceful Transition of Power

Over the last couple of weeks there has been a lot made of President Trump refusing to say that he would commit to a peaceful transition of power. I figured there had to be more to the story, given the press’ history of taking what Trump said out of context (and sometimes just outright making it up). I finally got a few minutes to do some research and this is what I found, and as many probably are expecting, the way this is being reported is very close to a lie.

First, take the question actually asked by Mr. Brian Karem of Playboy. His question was “Win, lose or draw, will you commit here today to a peaceful transition of power after the election?” The first thing to notice in the question is that in two of the three options provided there would not be any transition of power, only in the second option, if he lost, would there be a transition of power. The question was not designed to get a yes or no answer, but to get an answer that could then be used to say that Trump was not supporting a peaceful transition of power.

Next, take what Trump has been saying to his supporters and at his rallies. He tells his supporters to get out and vote, and to watch for voter fraud, because if he loses Biden will be president. By stating that if he loses Biden will be president, he assumes a peaceful transition of power. Why would he state that if he loses Biden will be president if he was planning on not leaving office if he loses?

I have had some friends also use that same interaction to say Trump said to get rid of ballots. This is also a disingenuous argument and Trump is clear that he wants people to vote for him. What he doesn’t want is uncontrolled ballots being mailed based on incomplete and inaccurate voter rolls. While Democrat and the press inaccurately and deceptively try to equate mailed ballots to absentee ballots, it is also clear that Trump is not trying to stop absentee voting. This is because absentee ballots are controlled, sent to specific people who have specifically asked for them which is much different than just sending out ballots enmasse to unverified addresses, not knowing who is actually going to receive them.

Last, it is funny to me that the same people who are worried about Trump not conducting a peaceful transition of power, should he lose, are silent about the way power was transitioned to him. It is becoming more and more evident that the Obama administration did everything in their power to blunt Trump’s ability to carry out the duties of the office of President. From initiating a questionable investigation into Trumps National Security Advisor, to Director Comey ensuring a independent counsel investigation based on a fabricated campaign document, President Obama oversaw the most unpeaceful transfer of power I have ever heard of.

Don’t let the lies, mischaracterizations, and false reporting of the majority of the new media effect how you will vote. Base you vote on whether you agree, or disagree, with the policies of the candidate. Based on how most of the news reporting agencies are acting, this will take a lot of work on our part, but it is our duty as voters in a free country.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

The whole point is to rile up their base and try to stain a trump win

What the regressives mean with euphemism "peaceful transition of power" is their theft of the election goes unchallenged.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    What the regressives mean with euphemism "peaceful transition of power" is their theft of the election goes unchallenged.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Government corruption was not enough to overcome Trump beating Clinton 2, so I guess violence is what is left.

And I was told we are a government of ballot and not bullet. I pray we still are.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Government corruption was not enough to overcome Trump beating Clinton 2, so I guess violence is what is left.

And I was told we are a government of ballot and not bullet. I pray we still are.
    That was before the Democrats turned full bore Commucrat. Now, they are doing what Communists have done for years.

Keep your bullets handy.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post

Unfortunately the loony democrats are going to force our hand.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.