Thread: The Electoral College - Why it is necessary

The Electoral College - Why it is necessary

How many of your read Parade magazine in your Sunday papers? If you do, pay particular attention to the "Ask Marilyn" column. I would post a picture of the article - - IF I could post a picture.
    Instead, here is typed copy of her column.

(question) Some people don't like the electoral votes (vs. popular votes) deciding our presidential elections. Can you make an argument in favor of electoral votes? - Jacob Stein, Larchmont, N.Y.
    We are the United States of America, and our states - starting with the original 13 colonies - are separate entities. It is understandably unacceptable to states with smaller populations to have their affairs decided by other states simply because more people live there. Suppose there were a United Countries of Earth. Would you like the idea of China (pop. 1.439 billion) and India (pop. 1.38 billion) running the show? (the U.S. has 331 million people.) Or would we want a leveling factor?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Perfect, I will remember this the next time some jackass says the electoral college needs to be abolished. Thanks Sir.

The only mistake was in not extending that to the states, to prevent big cities running everything for their benefit.

As example "Illinois".
    There is no state of Illinois.
    There's a state of Chicago with a huge suburb called Illinois.
    Everything is done for the exclusive benefit of Chicago and any crumbs are dispensed to the rest of the state.
    Last edited by dfariswheel; 10-05-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by dfariswheel View Post
    The only mistake was in not extending that to the states, to prevent big cities running everything for their benefit.

As example "Illinois".
    Everything is done for the exclusive benefit of Chicago and any crumbs are dispensed to the rest of the state.
    Absolutely true. Wilkow talks about that now and then. The idea of having state electoral process is a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by dfariswheel View Post

As example "Illinois".
    Same with NY. All our tax dollars go to prop up NYC, their dense (in more ways than one) population means that their deranged liberal voting tendencies overshadow the rest of the state. NY would be a red state if not for NYC.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    As Chicago is Illinois,

New York City is New York State,

Los Angeles and San Francisco are California,

Philadelphia is Pennsylvania,

Detroit is Michigan.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

And Baltimore/DC suburbs do to MD.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Doesn't matter though. The DEMOCRATS with the help of the MEDIA and Big tech( Facebook, youtube, twitter, etc.) are rigging the election for BIDEN.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

The Electoral College - Why it is necessary-
    It is necessary to keep the loony democrats from totally taking over.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Doesn't matter though. The DEMOCRATS with the help of the MEDIA and Big tech( Facebook, youtube, twitter, etc.) are rigging the election for BIDEN.
    They'll only be able to cheat in Blue states, of which there are not enough to swing the Electoral College in Biden's direction. TRUMP 2020!!!!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

The electorals proved their worth when the wyche was defeated in 2016.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The electorals proved their worth when the wyche was defeated in 2016.
    Amen to that !
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Libs are so stupid ... and transparent!

They want the HUGE population of California to overrun all the smaller RED states. Well we are not the united states of New York and California. Those MEGA blue states should never be allowed to overrun the entire voice of all the other states.

What's ironic is that CALIFORNIA itself has suffered under the tyranny of majority rule. During the Drought of the 1980s, the population of SOUTHERN California (Los Angeles/SanDiego) voted to take the water away from Northern California (San Francisco). The people of San Francisco had been rationing our water, cutting back on watering, conserving all manner of waters. The people of Los Angeles didn't conserve water at all. They just voted to take the water away from the NORTH. So because they had 75% of the votes in the state, the southern half of the state just took all the water. What bothers me is that the SHEEP of northern california were mad about it, but didn't do anything about it. They are so EASILY distracted by the 'tricks' of the liberals. Just blame Republicans for all your woes. They get more riled up at 'fantasy' charges against Republicans, than they do about being actually victimized by fellow Democrats.