Thread: What is the point of Judge Barrett "confirmation hearings"?

What is the point of Judge Barrett "confirmation hearings"?

Title says it all. The dems can say all the shit they want. That won't change the fact that the Republican senate majority will confirm her.

For that matter, I've seen TV ads for Judge Barrett. Why? The "people" will not be confirming her directly.

As far as the dems claiming that the confirmation should wait until after the election so that "the people have a say" this is absurd.

In 2016, the people had their say. Pres. Trump was elected. Pres. Trump appointed Judge Barrett. The people voted in a Republican senate majority. The people had their say here as well. When the senate confirms Judge Barrett, it will be done by the senate that the people voted for.

I think all the dems want is, on the off chance that (God forbid) Biden gets frauded in, Harris will be able to somehow block the confirmation.

Also, the dems are afraid that if the 2020 election gets so screwed up that the SCOTUS has to decide it, having Judge Barrett on the court will guarantee that Biden can't be frauded in.

Or is my understanding of this stuff all wrong?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Also, the dems are afraid that if the 2020 election gets so screwed up that the SCOTUS has to decide it, having Judge Barrett on the court will guarantee that Biden can't be frauded in.

Or is my understanding of this stuff all wrong?
    I think not only that, but they know there will be a 5-4 majority again that's likely to take the cases that Roberts is being blackmailed not to take or to decide a certain way.

i disagree there will be a conservative majority after her confirmation as the two latest guys are hardly conservatives
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The only point of the hearings I believe has to do with legal stuff, that constitution thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    The only point of the hearings I believe has to do with legal stuff, that constitution thingy.
    Yeah, that's probably it. The dems will be imploding and screaming how Judge Barrett "threatens our democracy". I'm so sick of hearing the word "democracy". The US is not a democracy, it's a constitutional republic. Remember the Pledge of Allegiance? "...to the Republic for which it stands..."

We said the Pledge in school every day. There was also a portrait of the President in every room. Ike when I was in kindergarten and Kennedy from first grade on. I don't recall if we ever had one for Johnson or Nixon though...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    i disagree there will be a conservative majority after her confirmation as the two latest guys are hardly conservatives
    Given that four of the “conservative” justices—Thomas, Kavanaugh, Samuel Alito, and Neil Gorsuch—have previously signaled their desire that the court address important Second Amendment questions, the problem appears to lie with Chief Justice John Roberts. Roberts has been the culprit since he's obviously blackmailed since Obamacare. https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/06/...ond-amendment/

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Given that four of the “conservative” justices—Thomas, Kavanaugh, Samuel Alito, and Neil Gorsuch—have previously signaled their desire that the court address important Second Amendment questions, the problem appears to lie with Chief Justice John Roberts. Roberts has been the culprit since he's obviously blackmailed since Obamacare. https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/06/...ond-amendment/
    yeah that guy might be the roberts on the lolita airlines flight manifest
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

the point is so the democrats and put on a show and later tell their constituents, "look how hard I fought for you".

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    There wasn't always hearings , used to have a simple vote and you where confirmed to the bench , this dog and pony show a relatively recent history .

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    There wasn't always hearings , used to have a simple vote and you where confirmed to the bench , this dog and pony show a relatively recent history .
    There isn't any need for these hearings at all. She's already been vetted by the Senate for her previous position. All they really needed to do was call for a vote the first time she arrived at the Senate. Since these "procedings" have gone on, it's just proof that the Repubs are trying to appease the Commucrats. Nothing more....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars