Thread: Anybody buy Palladium?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Anybody buy Palladium?

Any of you invest in Palladium? What would be the point in a SHTF situation? It's mainly used in production correct?

Have you ever looked at the finished metal? Because it oxidizes rather quickly unless it is coated to prevent that, takes on a dull gray appearance. I don't know what its used for the most.

Gold and silver on the other hand have multiple uses. Both can be used in electrical circuitry, replacing lead in bullets (too costly except for the Lone Ranger), silver can be used as solder to repair jewelry, etc.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Paladium is likely the benchmark industry pm as far as price goes. It's used in a lot of industry and is in most cat converters, along with platinum far as I recall.
    I stick with the poor mans gold, silver.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Have you ever looked at the finished metal? Because it oxidizes rather quickly unless it is coated to prevent that, takes on a dull gray appearance. I don't know what its used for the most.

Gold and silver on the other hand have multiple uses. Both can be used in electrical circuitry, replacing lead in bullets (too costly except for the Lone Ranger), silver can be used as solder to repair jewelry, etc.
    I just read up on it, it's used in a lot of different industrial applications many of them "green" industries So I would think long term with the push for ridiculous policies it will rise in value beyond it's premium over silver. Well until the green industry has to stand on it's own rather than be subsidized.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Paladium is likely the benchmark industry pm as far as price goes. It's used in a lot of industry and is in most cat converters, along with platinum far as I recall.
    I stick with the poor mans gold, silver.
    The St. Louis area news stations have been running stories about thieves using battery-powered reciprocating saws to steal catalytic convertors because of the precious metals in them. It also seems that Toyotas are #1 and Hondas #2 because of the amount of the metals in their convertors. With these portable saws, thieves can be in and out in less than a minute.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    The St. Louis area news stations have been running stories about thieves using battery-powered reciprocating saws to steal catalytic convertors because of the precious metals in them. It also seems that Toyotas are #1 and Hondas #2 because of the amount of the metals in their convertors. With these portable saws, thieves can be in and out in less than a minute.
    They're doing the same around here, in MD....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    They're doing the same around here, in MD....
    It was a big thing here about15 years ago and then they cracked down on scrap dealers. Thieves would hit the parking garages at the university and local malls. It's stated to pop back up in the news again

Odd, around here you have to show the scrap dealers a receipt for another converter or a title for the totaled car to get paid for a cat or cat contents.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"