Thread: UZI DOES IT: A LOOK AT UZI CARBINES

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post UZI DOES IT: A LOOK AT UZI CARBINES

After today, it's all historical.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Thanks for that link.

I have a Vector assembled Group Industries pre-Bush1 Type A but I never understood the meaning of the stamping "HR4332" until reading the article.

Mine has been everything you would expect an UZI to be, 100% reliable and an absolute blast (pun intended) to shoot.

When I was 17 I had a friend who was an arms importer. Knowing how much I liked the UZI he called me to tell me he was traveling to Israel to purchase several firearms and asked if I would like him to pick up an UZI or two. He said he would take care of the NFA blackmail and would hold the rifle until I turned 18. My dad said no. And then Hughes struck and my desire to get the real deal decreased as the price when up from the original $1250 delivered as I remember it.

I have a imi uzi,it has been 100%reliable ,i love shooting it, I even have a semi auto cut a way diagram of a uzi that was signed be the inventor himself.

I built my own UZI a few years ago. I used a Global Machine & Tool (GMT) receiver.
    What I like about HIS receivers is they are Machine Gun Spec. They take MG barrels and the takedown pin is standard not the larger or smaller dia. (I forget what it is). It still has the blocking bar,

I like How Guns.com does an article, Very smart. Talk all about the UZI and how it works. Then talk about the different brands out there today. Then at the end of the article they actually have those brands for sale.

Good marketing idea.

BISHOP

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Holy smokes. Is that what Uzi's are worth in that article? I assume they are referring to semi auto's, I have a Norinco 320 i bought for about $500 about the time I originally joined this site(old).

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Thanks Bishop! Went to the guns dot com site and searched for Uzi. They list a Vector Mini-Uzi that I have been wanting for a long time. Their price of $2700 is amazing considering it comes with 12 32 round mags, one 25 and a Beta-C mag. it is really a good deal! Working the numbers for a Christmas gift to me! Ugh!