Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yo peeps...

Yo peeps...

Been a long while. I had made a promise not to post here again given certain circumstances (long story) and I have kept that promise to this date, however I find I must violate that promise now for a very specific reason...to warn you of a very specious seller on Gunbroker.

I've been on Gunbroker for more than 20 years...bought guns, ammo, accessories, etc. and have always had awesome experiences, until recently.

Avoid seller Steelhead Arms. Deceptive listing practices and the absolute worst customer service you could imagine...reminisce on some of the sellers who started out great years ago and then it was suddenly all your problem that they fucked up...yeah, it's like that...

Tell all and sundry to avoid them, spread it across the boards.

That is all.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I've done a little dealing on Gunbroker and will stay away from this seller.

Thanks for the info.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Thanks for the heads up.

And don't hesitate to post. We need all the posts we can get here to liven it up some.

Glad you stopped by and not doubting you but......

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

DAMN!!!

Who'd a thought a threat to take this dispute across the gun boards would resolve it so quickly? Capitulation, refund finally granted.

Okay, the background on this...

I recently purchased a beautiful example of firearm ingenuity, a CZ p-09 in 9mm. In looking for spare mags for it, I found no one, anywhere, had them in stock, at any price. Two sellers on Gunbroker offer what appear to be the correct mags, one at $50 each (Steelhead_Arms is the seller Otto...note the underscore...likely why your search didn't turn it up) and another at nigh on $60 a mag. As I understand it, these are mec-gar produced mags, for CZ. The CZ P-09 comes in both 9mm and .40 flavors, though of course the 9mm version outsells the .40 at a 20/25 to 1 ratio, what with the 9mm being the most popular.

The Steelhead listing on GB did not openly specify which version they were selling (though if you drilled down and compared upc codes, etc) but given the 9mm version is the most popular, I, foolishly bought and paid for 5 at their rather inflated $50 price...hell, no one else had them...inferring they were the more common 9mm version.

Imagine my surprise when I received 5 .40 mags, and my annoyance.

I must say, I was not particularly pleasant in conveying my displeasure toward Steelhead, as I felt it was a bait and switch sort of deal, and we got off to a bad start...accusations on both sides flew, then he refunded me and told me to keep the damn mags, he was done with me.

I believe me stating I would take this issue across the gun boards turned the corner.

I've since made up with him...told him I'd gladly return the incorrect mags, on my dime...hell, all I wanted to begin with was decent customer service.

So, long story short...stand down...Steelhead_Arms seems to be a stand up business, and I pulled the trigger early, though I will say that after fighting with them for two days, it wasn't until I threatened to take it to the mattresses that he capitulated...

He has told me he uses a third party service to populate his listings. I've suggested he may want a more hands on approach in that regard.

My apologies for sounding the alarm when it was just whale noises, rather than another sub or a destroyer overhead.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Glad everything worked out to your satisfaction.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Glad everything worked out to your satisfaction.
    I am a bit of a CZ fanboy of late myself.

MecGar mags shouldn't be anywhere near that expensive. They have P01 mags at buds right now for $19 I can't imagine P09 mags cost twice as much

Well now that you were unable to keep the promise and offered apologies you should get into politics
    That or just start posting, it's good to see you again
    Glad it worked out
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I am a bit of a CZ fanboy of late myself.

MecGar mags shouldn't be anywhere near that expensive. They have P01 mags at buds right now for $19 I can't imagine P09 mags cost twice as much
    Try a search...out of stock...everywhere...I know, I've looked...

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Well now that you were unable to keep the promise and offered apologies you should get into politics
    That or just start posting, it's good to see you again
    Glad it worked out
    POLITICS...POLITICS...POLITICS!!!

It goes from the Senate, right up to the Emperor!!!

Did he say 'big fat pig'?

"Yes, I believe he did sire!"

"When you die at the palace...you really die at the palace!!!"

Politics...there are two options here...either the Donald invokes the EO of 2018, or revolution, death, destruction, devastation...

Given the other side fields soy boys, mamalukes and weenies...I'm thinking that's an hour of my life I'll never get back again...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 12-18-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Try a search...out of stock...everywhere...I know, I've looked...
    Well not to totally hijack your thread but how do you like the cz? I have a sp01 and pcr and think they are both fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Well not to totally hijack your thread but how do you like the cz? I have a sp01 and pcr and think they are both fantastic
    A bit larger in my hand than I like, even with the smallest backstrap. Haven't been to the range with it yet (just got it last week) but dry firing...I like it a lot. It's one of those "gotta have one" examples of firearm that have hit me over the years...mostly based on reviews, but also because it's a CZ, which began with an HP clone, and I love the HP. Grip is a bit different than the HP, but still acceptable...not like the pointing a brick glock grip. All the reviews I've read state it's a dream to shoot...hope to get to the range with it in the next few weeks.
    's

I've put at least 1200 through the sp01 but only a couple boxes through the pcr as it was a covid purchase and 9mm is now unobtanium. I've noticed that they point very naturally for me

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I have a CZ 52. It's not very ergonomic, and it's a bit heavy, but man is it good looking and a great shooter.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I don't know why you stopped posting, but wish you would stay.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I don't know why you stopped posting, but wish you would stay.
    Thinkin' about it...only stopped by as a public service, though as it turned out I jumped the gun...pun intended.

And hey, what the hell is goin' on here...a gun thread in GD? What the hell are you people thinking fer christ' sake!!!!

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Good to see you back. Stay a while.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Thinkin' about it...only stopped by as a public service, though as it turned out I jumped the gun...pun intended.

And hey, what the hell is goin' on here...a gun thread in GD? What the hell are you people thinking fer christ' sake!!!!
    We'll you might as well fall off the wagon and start hanging out with us degenerates again.

Sorry the COVID lockdown has driven me insane.
    Last edited by Nashorn; 12-19-2020 at 06:38 PM.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashorn View Post
    Sorry the COVID lockdown has driven me insane.
    LOL...was wondering about you son...thinking maybe it was time to up the meds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast