Thread: Wolf 9mm sucks the big one.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Wolf 9mm sucks the big one.

Haven't been shooting in forever, took an Arcus 94C and Ruger P95DC neither of which ever malfunctioned before.... Used Wolf ammo for the first time, BOTH repeatedly jammed after the first 5-6 mags. Definitely won't be depending on wolf for my life!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Huh. Bad lot maybe? All I can say is that I haven't had any problems with wolf 9mm at all. I use it (or brown bear) in my xd9 for plinking and my range's monthly 3-gun without a hitch. No failures to feed or extract during 100s of rounds.

Try any of the other russian steel ammo? FYI, hornady is now coming out with steel pistol ammo in addition to their steel rifle ammo. http://www.hornady.com/store/Steel-Match-new. Granted it's labeled as match ammo, thus more expensive, I would think hornady would come out with regular stuff soon too.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Thats never good to hear!!! Who exactly is WOLF anyway? Do they make their own? I've heard they buy it from other manufacturers?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Wolf is just the brand name that the Tula factory in Russia uses to market their ammo.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

Always had good results with wolf as far as feed. However 9mm i have never tried. Sorry.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

In my UZI its much weaker then WWB and the OAL is slightly shorter, it could be either or both of these issues causing the problem in your pistols. Although before I worked on the feed ramp it was the only ammo that was 100% in functioning.