Thread: Farewell Amazon. It's been real.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Farewell Amazon. It's been real.

I am an Amazon junkie. I order all kinds of stuff from them, especially when I drink. No more. I'm done. As of Saturday, they are no longer in my phone. I may occasionally look at the site, then order the stuff from the manufacturer or the original seller, but no more of my money goes to Bezos.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Well done.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Good for you.
    In light of so many things "tech", would you say this was overdue?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

By the way, I occasionally deliver to their Murfreesboro, Lebanon, and Nashville facilities. Their employees look miserable; like me when I used to run a Pizza Hut.
    Last edited by Altarboy; 01-19-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i try to shop local if possible. in little towns like ours, the big box and restaruants have about taken over. most folks don't realize who or what they are supporting by shopping at those companies. passing the word along seems to be the only way of educating.

I often find the same stuff on ebay for less than bezos.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Amazon seems to be in a race to the bottom these days. I equate it to the walmart or even worse, harbor freight, of online shopping. There is so much garbage from foreign sellers on there that it is almost impossible to find quality items for some things. Even if you are searching for a name brand I have heard tons and tons of reports of people getting counterfeit goods, factory seconds, or items that are not what was described in the add.

At least at a flea market you can inspect the stuff before you take it home.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Amazon seems to be in a race to the bottom these days. I equate it to the walmart or even worse, harbor freight, of online shopping. There is so much garbage from foreign sellers on there that it is almost impossible to find quality items for some things. Even if you are searching for a name brand I have heard tons and tons of reports of people getting counterfeit goods, factory seconds, or items that are not what was described in the add.

At least at a flea market you can inspect the stuff before you take it home.
    in similar light a local mechanic said to me that a used American made or at least oem car part from the salvage yard is often better quality than a brand new cheap part from china
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Amazon seems to be in a race to the bottom these days.
    I'm thinking ...umm not so much
    Maybe just refocused

Amazon In Healthcare: The E-Commerce Giant’s Strategy For A $3 Trillion Market
    https://www.cbinsights.com/research/...ng-healthcare/
    Amazon could use its expertise to disrupt everything from the pharmaceutical supply chain to Medicare management. We break down the healthcare areas best suited for an Amazon entrance.
    I just sold off my Amazon, Facebook and Microsoft stock, still exposed to a lesser degree in other areas but wouldn't mind getting back in when I can
    Kind of divided in my thinking but it is a money maker
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

and just as joe blow gets in the whitehouse, amazon wants to help deliver the china virus vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    in similar light a local mechanic said to me that a used American made or at least oem car part from the salvage yard is often better quality than a brand new cheap part from china
    They are notorious for reselling returned / defective items. Their "renewed" items are sometimes a genuine laugh. For example, how does Amazon "renew" alkaline batteries? "Renewed" actually means "with the prior customer's fingerprints all over it and missing accessories".

Amazon sucks.

Edit to add: They even sell RENEWED CRAYONS!
    Last edited by Krupski; 01-29-2021 at 12:46 PM.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!