Thread: Great Primer Shortage of 2020

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Great Primer Shortage of 2020

After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Not sure about other primers, but 209s are getting hard to find around here. I've been lucky and managed to pick up about 1,000 these past couple of weeks. Had to travel to 4 different stores and buy them singly (1 pack of 100each). So far the prices aren't too bad. Spent around $8-$10 per hundred. One store in DE was gouging like crazy ($15.50/100), so I didn't buy any there.

I doubt I'll need any more since I'm only going to use them in my Diablo pistol and I doubt I'll be shooting that very much either.

Since I no longer reload (I have all the components and equipment, just stopped reloading years ago), I have about all I'll need for the next 10 or so years.

On a similar note, WallyWorld no longer has ANY ammo or shotgun shells anywhere in their stores around here.

Most of the shotgun shooting I do is with BP, and I have enough shot and powder for that.

All in all, I think I'm set up pretty well with ammo, primers, and powder. Still. I miss being able to pick up a box or two of ammo from WallyWorld whenever I grocery shop there.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars