Thread: A gripe about ANY online auction site, like GunBroker (BAD SELLER PHOTOS)

A gripe about ANY online auction site, like GunBroker (BAD SELLER PHOTOS)

I buy accessories on Ebay from time to time. I look at gun listings on Gunbroker or other auction sites.

What is it with Sellers? I see so many SHITTY photos. Like morons who use a flash but put their gun on a white surface so that the photo of the gun looks like a black blob, so dark, that you can't even make out any details on the firearm. I wanted to buy some parts on Ebay and the photos were so blurry and crap that I couldn't tell what I was looking at.

Hey, when I start cleaning out my collection, Parts, stocks, etc or complete firearms, at least I will try to take decent photos.

Any of you guys get totally frustrated when you see an auction for something you're interested in but the photos are such garbage that you hesitate to bid?

RANT OVER thanks for listening....

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Yup. Passed over a few items on eBay that had photos so blurry it was hard to make anything out.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

as much as it pisses me off I can't call the kettle black because I too am a terrible photographer.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Have to agree that if you want to sell something, there should be a lot of high quality pictures. Especially with firearms where marking pay a big part of the value. I once passed on something that was the top of my must have list because I couldn't read a couple of lines on a slide that verified how special the item was. Yes a picture is worth the proverbial 1000 words.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I buy accessories on Ebay from time to time. I look at gun listings on Gunbroker or other auction sites.

What is it with Sellers? I see so many SHITTY photos. Like morons who use a flash but put their gun on a white surface so that the photo of the gun looks like a black blob, so dark, that you can't even make out any details on the firearm. I wanted to buy some parts on Ebay and the photos were so blurry and crap that I couldn't tell what I was looking at.

Hey, when I start cleaning out my collection, Parts, stocks, etc or complete firearms, at least I will try to take decent photos.

Any of you guys get totally frustrated when you see an auction for something you're interested in but the photos are such garbage that you hesitate to bid?

RANT OVER thanks for listening....
    I know what you mean... and I especially despise those barrel bore closeups that are always either too bright or too dim and only focus a 1/2" area due to no depth of field (or, more simply put, totally useless photos).
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!