Thread: Anti-gun Mayors policy pays off, robbers safe.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Anti-gun Mayors policy pays off, robbers safe.

Barrett's son among group robbed by armed gunman

By Amy Rabideau Silvers of the Journal Sentinel
    Nov. 7, 2010

Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett's son, Tommy, 18, was in a group of young people robbed at gunpoint late Saturday night near N. 54th and W. Vliet Sts.

"No shots were fired and no one was injured," Patrick Curley, the mayor's chief of staff, said Sunday.

"The mayor and Kris, his wife, are just thankful that everyone is OK," Curley said, "and that he and his friends didn't panic and were calm during the robbery."

The incident happened about 11:30 p.m. as the young people were walking at Wick Field. They were approached by two suspects, at least one of whom had a gun, he said.

The suspects fled with a wallet with a few dollars and a cell phone - not taken from Tommy Barrett. Someone else in the group still had a phone ,and they were able to call police, Curley said.

The investigation is continuing.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/106857983.html
    Last year the mayor gets beat up and hospitalized and yesterday his son gets robbed. Good thing the boy who is old enough to be an open carry wasn't armed or the poor robbers could have gotten hurt and had their civil rights violated. In the meantime Milwaukee police are still under orders to take law abiding open carry people down, their guns confiscated and charged with disturbing the peace. The people will get their guns back and the charges will be dropped, some of them will even get a settlement from the mayor's city but in the meantime they will be mightily inconvenienced. I'm guessing the Mayor is blaming his sons experience on the NRA and not the criminal element that his liberal cronies helped create.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

What a POS
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

they did'nt beat him hard enough.