Thread: Gun store report...

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Gun store report...

I just left The Outpost off I-24 in Christiana, Tn. It's Ronnie Barrett's old place.
    .308 was 440.00 for 500 rd case. 1k
    7.62 was 499.00. 1k 223 was 699.00.
    I picked up 5 20 rd boxes of 7.62r for 13.99 each.
    I hope this gets better. I'm not optimistic.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Unhappy

it's the same with components, primers are through the roof, $500/1000 of federal gold medal match, i've got 4 boxes i paid $59 each for 2 yrs ago. I've managed to stockpile some 10mm bullets, but i had to pay from .10 to .30 cents more per piece, and they go fast, i check Midway, and the other online sellers every day and if you luck out and find some 10mm bullets ,if you don't buy now, they're gone an hour later, it's the same with everything.

I'm not optimistic either, hell i'm starting to save my fired primers, might have to learn how to make my own.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I'm pretty well set for ammo for all the calibers I shoot. I've been stockpiling for a few years now (not on purpose, I'd buy some and just not shoot it). Pretty soon, I had a pretty nice stash.

Now, I seldom shoot any modern ammo and concentrate on black powder firearms. However, since one of my guns uses 209 primers, I almost missed an opportunity to get any. I had to go to three different gun stores to finally buy 900 primers. That should hold me for quite a while now.

What's getting very scarce around here are shotgun shells. Almost all the Walmarts are empty and none of the guns stores have any.

I have a feeling this scarcity isn't going to end anytime soon....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I sit back and think how lucky I was when I listened to my great friend STEEL CORE who got me to buy a little more ammo way back when a case of .223 was $200, 7.62x39 was still near $100 etc. THANK YOU MY FRIEND!

This is a big well funded store. It's always full of AKs, ARs, .50s, 338s, man you name it. There were maybe 20 fudd guns available. The only pistol ammo available was .50 Linebaugh, 32 short, and some shot shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    This is a big well funded store. It's always full of AKs, ARs, .50s, 338s, man you name it. There were maybe 20 fudd guns available. The only pistol ammo available was .50 Linebaugh, 32 short, and some shot shells.
    So sad that no one can get ammo for those rifles. I think guns are not the shortage right now. It's ammo. Man, I really regret not stocking up a few years ago (back before CALIFORNIA banned mail order sales). Woulda, shoulda, coulda ......

Went back for another 100 rds of 7.62r.
    Wanted some ammo for my CZ52, but there was none.

Are people getting frustrated?
    Bad idea regardless

Sheriff: 3 dead in gun store shooting in New Orleans suburb
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...uburb-76022638
    METAIRIE, La. -- A suspect fatally shot two people at a gun store in a suburb of New Orleans on Saturday afternoon, and the shooter also died during gunfire as others engaged the suspect both inside and outside the outlet, authorities said.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe