Thread: TO KILL A VELOCIRAPTOR - CHOOSING THE ULTIMATE DINOSAUR GUN

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post TO KILL A VELOCIRAPTOR - CHOOSING THE ULTIMATE DINOSAUR GUN

After today, it's all historical.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Don't forget the famous 1902 British Holland and Holland 70 Nitro Express! Double Barreled Big Game Rifle The most powerful Rifle Caliber in the World! It's Cousin the 60 Nitro Express was seen in the Movie The lost World, The second J.P. Movie. Both Rifles were more powerful than the current 50 BMG Round. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I had to laugh at "the great white hunter" in Jurassic Park. With a SPAS-12 he had one Raptor in his sights when another popped up on his flank. If the dummy just pulled the trigger and taken out the first, the sound of the shotgun blast would most likely have scared number 2 away. Movies.

Which brings back another point. The true animal called a Velociraptor was the size of a current turkey.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I had to laugh at "the great white hunter" in Jurassic Park. With a SPAS-12 he had one Raptor in his sights when another popped up on his flank. If the dummy just pulled the trigger and taken out the first, the sound of the shotgun blast would most likely have scared number 2 away. Movies.

Which brings back another point. The true animal called a Velociraptor was the size of a current turkey.
    But, that was a turkey you didn't mess with. He was one mean little Mother Phucker.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    But, that was a turkey you didn't mess with. He was one mean little Mother Phucker.
    Talk about the ultimate "ankle biter"!!!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post

Yes, but a member of the same family, called the Utahraptor, reached a length of 20 feet and weighed in at about 1 ton. He had 2 inch long teeth and super long killing claw and very sharp hand claws. A true killing machine.

On a special note, in JP, they increased the size of velocoraptor to make it much scarier, however, shortly after the movie came out, paleontologists did find one that matched the size of the exaggerated one in the movie.

https://eastern.usu.edu/museum/exhibits/utahraptor
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars